IR remote control not working

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by hoodafukisalice, Feb 28, 2016.

1. I've been using the Mele F1 Deluxe air mouse with its USB dongle plugged into the X6 Pro. My IR remote control has however stopped working since the last two upgrades (am currently on 1.0.32).

On my part,

1. Disabled the physical keyboard in Settings -> Language & Input
    2. I have removed the USB dongle for the air mouse, rebooted and checked
    3. Installed fresh and working batteries in the IR remote and checked
    Does any other user suffer the same? Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

2. spring

spring Guest

you can goto the setting==>language&input==>current keyboard to enable it.

3. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

hoodafukisalice, to be more clear, when you say ""My IR remote control" you mean the origional Zidoo IR remote provided with X6, or another from another manufacturer you own?

4. Yes, I mean the Zidoo IR remote control that comes with the X6 Pro

5. I don't see any option for the Zidoo IR remote there. Can you please explain what I should set it to (with a screenshot to help)? I have currently set it to "English (UK) - Android Keyboard (AOSP)", which doesn't help.

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

hoodafukisalice, I have some trouble with Zidoo IR remote in two cases:
    1. when batteries are partially run down (I don't mean completely discharged, but if batteries are run down under a unknown threshold, you see that when you press a key on remote blue led on X6 doesn't blink.
      If you see blue led blink, remote and X6 should be communicating
    2. when X6 is doing something in background, like when Google Store is updating apps, or when a backup is running (i.e. backup script of Kodi or Titanium backup)
      Also in this case blue led doesn't blink, or anyway X6 have difficulties to accept remote commands.
    If your case is different may be that something HW is faulted.

(my 2 cents...)

7. @PacoRabanne, thanks for chipping in. I know the blue LED blinking part, that used to work. My IR remote has fresh and good-to-go batteries that I removed and checked with other remote controls. In fact, that was the first thing I suspected, so much, that I even did a multimeter test.

Nothing is running on the background either.

So looks like I'm stuck with a hardware fault, in which case it foxes me as to how the hell an IR remote control can go kaput just like that! That is unless, one of the Zidoo administrators dole out some undocumented secret.

Keeping fingers crossed.

8. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

To check remote ifrared look at the led with smart phone camera (sensible to infrared)