IPTV recording

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by astons2, Aug 29, 2017.

1. astons2

astons2 New Member

Is there any kind of application by which I could record IPTV streams by EPG schedule?

I found ProgTV which have recording, time shift, auto reconnect when IPTV stream is closed but recording works only if internal flash is selected. When I select usb hdd I get this message "No access for recording. Please try select other folder for record. ". I tried hdd formatted on NTFS, EXT4, EXT3 no success...

Anyone ? Thanks for help.

2. astons2

astons2 New Member

Here is the android app which can record IPTV streams by EPG schedule.
    App is cracked so no license is needed.

I cant upload file tried few times ...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  3. dferregu

dferregu Member

upload with wetransfer.com (send from you to youl) and paste here the link... you can send up to 2Gbytes of files...

4. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Can you send the error picture to me?
    thanks

5. astons2

astons2 New Member

Yes I could, can you suggest application by which I could make screen shot?

If I select same folder with cracked IPTV Extreme Pro application it works.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  6. bob

Your box fw is v1.4.12?
    You can take pictures on your cell phone.
    or shortcut app:
    thanks
    upload_2017-9-1_21-49-17.png

7. astons2

astons2 New Member

Yes its fw v1.4.12, but I have X8, not X9S

Attached Files:

8. bob

Sorry ,
    Our machines only support HDMI IN recording.
    On other recording software, the need for software manufacturers to adapt.
    Thank you

upload_2017-9-2_9-34-0.png

9. astons2

astons2 New Member

Your box currently missing software for IPTV watching and recording. On Google store you can find android app's by which you could watch IPTV but for recording by EPG schedule you need to pay for it. For me, I found cracked android app for IPTV which is working great but many people do not know to do that, they know only to go on Google store and to download app. So like I said it would be great if Zidoo implement some kind app for IPTV into their multimedia boxes.

Regarding problem with ProgTV I think that app is checking some kind read/write access data and android reporting read only, so it could be app problem and also android problem. If someone makes ProgTV to work on Zidoo it will be only FREE app which can record IPTV streams. Like how I said ProgTV have everything but recording works only when internal flash is selected for recording path...

Can you give me access to upload file's not just pictures?

10. boblo

boblo Member

@astons2: This is due to new Android 6+ write restrictions. If you didn't have realized, Zidoo's Media Center creates a folder called Android/data on any external storage to write new data because this app don't ask for write permission to user.
    As of Marshmallow, it's impossible to write to the root directory or any other folder of any drive without asking for permission first. It seems your app is not asking for permission, so you must use a specific directory. Follow these steps:
    1. Find out the name of the package corresponding to the ProgTV app (you know, 'com.PACKAGE_NAME.xxxx'). Read this article to know how.
    2. Create a folder called 'Android/data/[PACKAGE_NAME]' on root directory of your USB drive (without brackets, brackets are only for sustitution). For example, Kodi data directory is /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/
    3. When you are going to record a new show, select this new folder for recording. If I'm not wrong, the app will have write permission and you're done.

Let me know if this worked for you.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  11. astons2

astons2 New Member

Yes it worked. Thanks!

Its strange that we can not set from Android OS permission's for application manually if application is not asking permission's at startup.

Dicentim likes this.
  12. boblo

boblo Member

Glad to help.

Regards.

13. Dicentim

Dicentim New Member

Thanks Boblo you're the king !
    You helped me recording with the Iptv Extreme Pro app, this app should also interest astons2 cause it enables recording and there's a free version.
    Next step is to record using STBemu cause you can't manually choose the record directory in this app.
    If you have an idea Boblo... Thanks again !!

14. Goekays

Goekays New Member

Dear Zidoo Team, it would be great to have an App like SMART IPTV in your Software because in ZDMC, i cant use the lists function. I always have to scroll down to find the channels, its really uncomfortable. In SMART IPTV you can switch between lists by pressing the blue button on the remote but zidoo remote doesnt have the blue button so that i cant use SMART IPTV App . A solution would be so great, thanks.