Installed wrong firmware on zidoo x9s

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by viVo, Sep 14, 2020.

1. viVo

viVo New Member

Hi all, i appreciate your help. by mistake i have installed firmware version Z9S 2.2.63 on zidoo device X9s and now i cant install the correct version. the device boot to home screen but i have lost the connection with the USB ports. it doesn't recognize the mouse, keyboard or USB disk. i have tried to reboot while holding the rest bottom and putting the correct firmware install.img on a USB but it wouldn't flash it and will show a black screen with the message UP_ _ on the display.

is there another way to flash the firmware??

Update: the device boots into android version 7 and it shows the device is zidoo Z9S not X9S. its fully operational but i lost the USB ports. i can control the system using the remote control but i cannot connect anything via USB.

can i install the firmware via the update app?? or anything else??

Thank you

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

3. viVo

viVo New Member

Thank you for your reply, my main problem is that the USB ports are disconnected, no power and nothing work attached to them "i tried mouse, keyboard, phone charger, USB storage" if i can only make them work i can flash back the original firmware. the only port that works is the data port so if i can modify the OTA update and flash it from the inside i think it can work. but my problem with this it gives me an error "wrong device" because now the system think the hardware is Z9s not X9s

4. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

5. viVo

viVo New Member

Thanks, i will take a look at it. im also looking at flashing the firmware using the UART port. if not i will try to install twrp and see what happens