I'm observing some short time freezings (lags)

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by papirus, Aug 27, 2015.

1. papirus

papirus Member

2. papiguy

papiguy Member

Hi papirus,
    I do not know if it will be usefull for you, but here after the last experience I had with zidoo X9:
    A second zidoo is now connected as follows : Bluray player -> Hdmi In -> Zidoo -> Hdmi out -> Amplifier/Receiver -> TV.
    Trying (for the fun) to record a file stored in my NAS through the Bluray player, I noticed probably the same issue as the one you are suffering.
    Direct playing with the zidoo being correct, I suspected a problem of setting of the Player. I modified the setting of the player to 1080p and it works now properly.

3. papiguy

papiguy Member

Hi papirus,
    I do not know if it will be usefull for you, but here after the last experience I had with zidoo X9:
    A second zidoo is now connected as follows : Bluray player -> Hdmi In -> Zidoo -> Hdmi out -> Amplifier/Receiver -> TV.
    Trying (for the fun) to record a file stored in my NAS through the Bluray player, I noticed probably the same issue as the one you are suffering.
    Direct playing with the zidoo being correct, I suspected a problem of setting of the Player. I modified the setting of the player to 1080p and it works now properly.

4. Tracedy

Tracedy New Member

My problem persists , may the tech crew explain this situation?

I'm sick of this lag problem.

5. papiguy

papiguy Member

From which source are you recording ? Satellite, internet,...
    From time to time I have the same problem, but always on the same channels, and at different levels. I suspected first it was due to a poor quality of recording. I improved my installation (better quality connectors, Gb switches and router,..) and as a result the defects became rather acceptable.

On another forum, I got confirmation that on many TV channels the quality was very poor.
    To ascertain the actual quality of the recording of zidoo x9, I connected one device to a blu-ray player and recorded a brand new blu-ray disc. The result is excellent.
    If you have the possibility to do that, try and see.