I'm observing some short time freezings (lags)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by papirus, Aug 17, 2015.

1. papirus

papirus Member

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my Zidoo X9 (v.1.0.3.6) nowadays.

I'm observing some short time freezings (lags) on every video i watch ( avi , mkv , mp4 ). This freezings also affects the sound.

When I restored it to factory settings, it turned to normal for a little while but the problem started again later.

I dont think that the heat causing it, because the problems still exist when the device is cold.

I did a backup to old firmware, didn't work.

What should i do to solve this problem? Or how can i exactly reset the device?

Regards...

Papirus

2. papiguy

papiguy Member

What is your display setting ? (Settings > System > Display > Resolution)
    Try to change the resolution. I got the same problem which has been solved by selecting "dacout 1080p 60".

3. papirus

papirus Member

Hi,

The problem still continues although I changed the screen settings to "Dacout 1080p 60 Hz".

Besides my TV is not Full HD, it is HD Ready. And my videos are 720p.

There must be a different reason for this problem, i've never had a problem like this before.

Papirus

4. papiguy

papiguy Member

Sorry, I suggested 1080p60 as this corresponds to my TV. Try other settings, 720p60 for example.
    I must say that I have also
    - changed all hdmi cables to better and shorter ones
    - replaced network switches by GB ones
    this to limit the losses due to the network

5. Tracedy

Tracedy New Member

Hi,

I'm having this problem too. I installed 1.0.3.8 yesterday but the problem persists. How can we solve this problem?

6. papiguy

papiguy Member

Sorry but I do not think that the Development Team is able to do something with the information given:
    - location of the video source: micro SD card, USB stick, USB disk, NAS through WIFI or LAN ?
    - reading files with Explorer or Kodi ?
    - does the lags exist after boot ? Does it persist after reboot ?
    - did you try to "Clean" the system after seeing lags ?
    - If you are using a micro SD card, what is its size (it MUST NOT exceed 32 GB: most of the issues I met disappeared after replacing a 70 GB micro SD card by the same plugged into a USB3 adaptor).

7. papirus

papirus Member

Hello again,

The details about the lag problem that i'm having are these:

1-)I'm not talking about the KODI, i mentioned about Zİdoo X9's own media player.There are serious lags and freezes on the videos which can be clearly seen. And these lags also affects the sound.

2-)I'm watching the videos through USB HDD. I changed the HDD, i changed the USB Slot too, but it didn't work.

3-)I changed the HDMI cables but it didn't solved.

4-)There is no connection between the problem and device heat. It still continue when the device is cold.

5-)I see the lags on videos with different sizes. The problems can be seen on both 2,7 GB and 10,97 GB video files.

6-)I'm having this problem especially after the firmvare v.1.0.3.7. Although i reloaded the latest firmware, it still continued, even when i returned to v.1.0.3.6 it didn't worked.

7-)Except this issue, there is no problem, the device never boots.

Lastly, i reloaded the latest firmware and restored the device to factory settings twice. But this time i didn't changed any Android setting. Didnt make any change on screen or language settings etc. I'm using on this "default" mode, and there is no problem so far.

I think the reason of the problem is some setting changes in android settings.But these are simple changes and this problem is continuing on last two firmware.

Your tech crew should not control the device with default settings, because they may not see a problem.They should control it after changing some settings that i mentioned (screen output settings, language settings etc.).

We're requesting an urgent solution.

Thank you.

8. papiguy

papiguy Member

Hi papirus,
    I do not know if it will be usefull for you, but here after the last experience I had with zidoo X9:
    A second zidoo is now connected as follows : Bluray player -> Hdmi In -> Zidoo -> Hdmi out -> Amplifier/Receiver -> TV.
    Trying (for the fun) to record a file stored in my NAS through the Bluray player, I noticed probably the same issue as the one you are suffering.
    Direct playing with the zidoo being correct, I suspected a problem of setting of the Player. I modified the setting of the player to 1080p and it works now properly.