if I want to reinstall original firmware is this how I do it?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Kris, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Kris

Kris Member

for some reason my apps keep freezing and i'm being asked if i want to "close app" or "wait"

most times box just freezes and i need to unplug then plug it back in to restart

i'm on V1.0.13. if i want to start fresh with original firmware (which i've done on other boxes to get rid of problems), can i reinstall v1.0.11 with usb method, then update to V1.0.13?

is v1.0.11 considered original firmware? v1.0.11 and V1.0.13 are the only two firmware files available in download section

i use Nova launcher, kodi, terrarium tv, cc cleaner, es file explorer and i suspect one of those apps may be the issue. probably Nova launcher

Thanks

2. Kuru Kanagalingam

Kuru Kanagalingam New Member

I don't believe that you can go to a previous version. Going back to previous version may be possible if the steps are published by Zidoo but I have not see this. What you can do is to factory reset and this may fix issues. I have had issues after a firmware update and then I did factory reset which fixed some of my issues.

Kuru

3. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

h6 pro av interface hidden a button, press and hold this button to turn on the power, you can restore the factory firmware. Thank you!

Kris likes this.
  4. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

It happened to me with Kodi, I guess a couple of times. Last night I was cleaning with es file explorer and later I saw all Kodi addons and repositories had been disabled, favorite movies and shows deleted. I thought es file explorer was to blame and uninstalled, I do not think a cleaning program is supposed to clean everything. Right now I don't remember is es was already in the box apps or I installed it from Google Play.

5. Kris

Kris Member

instead of a factory reset i wanted to try a fresh firmware install but i may try factory reset. thanks

6. Kris

Kris Member

thanks i will try that

7. T34418L3_1

T34418L3_1 New Member

Hello
    I update to V1.0.13 but it's a mess.
    I want to go back to a previous version V1.0.11 .Can you be more explicit about the interface hidden button to restore factory firmware ? or make a tuto to go back to previous version ?
    I try the android option data reset without succes.
    In advance Thanks

8. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

You use something less than 3.5mm to poke into the AV hole to engage the button in the back (use a sturdy tooth pick) and keep the button pressed then you power up the H6 Pro, keep the button press for another 10 to 15 seconds and then release. At this point, the H6 Pro is reverting back to the factory firmware version, in my case V1.0.08. After V1.0.08 is restored, you can proceed to your favorite FW version.

If you see a black screen, that's ok, the H6 is installing the factory apps, but you can unplug and plug in the HDMI cable to get the status screen back on display.

I wish all the android box maker allow us to downgrade FW by confirming with the user that he/she is downgrading and proceed after several on screen challenges.

Kris likes this.
  9. T34418L3_1

T34418L3_1 New Member

Thx a lot