Icarus - Survival game - Open world - Solo

Discussion in 'NEWS&Activities' started by OlivierQC, Mar 20, 2023.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello to all,

I hope you are all well,

I just created a new Youtube channel dedicated to the survival game ''Icarus'', I play in Open World mode and solo.

For those who don't know the goal of the game is to survive on a hostile planet using the resources available on the spot.

I will make a video for each day spent in the game (from 7 am to 7 pm) which is about 40 minutes of play.

Here is the link :

I started yesterday and I put 3 videos for the moment...

My goal is to propose 365 videos in total and so see my progress to live in this hostile world or see me get devoured.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMwwj2x7R-9TrquA3oJ2uOw

[​IMG]

See you soon​

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  2. OlivierQC

Day 1/365

Gather raw materials to make an axe, a pickaxe, a knife.

Find a shelter as soon as possible, ideally a cave that is close to my position.

3. OlivierQC

Day 2/365

I finalize my installation in a cave found close to my pod, I am sheltered from dangerous animals and storms while waiting to build a house.

I start to stock up on wood and stone, to find food and I also look for blue ore to be able to breathe on this planet.

4. OlivierQC

Day 3/365

I hunt to stock up on food and gain experience that will help me unlock new skills.

I clear the cave of cave worms that live there and are hostile to me.

I start to make elements to build a wooden house by the water.

5. OlivierQC

Day 4/365

I keep killing the cave worms, I don't know how many there are, and they throw poison.

I have found a place that suits me for the house and I am starting to build it.

I build a workbench that will allow me to make more complex tools/objects.

I kill my first bear with a knife, not easy but I managed.

Wolves are also present.

6. OlivierQC

Day 5/365

There is a storm and I am afraid that my house will catch fire.

I have started to transfer my resources from the cave to the house, I need to make large cabinets

I have started to mine an iron and coal seam in the cave and I have also built a furnace to make iron ingots.

I have unlocked plans to build different artifacts like a device to make small cheap oxygen tanks and an anvil to make iron tools and weapons.

7. OlivierQC

Day 6/365

I continue to move my stuff from the cave to the house.

I decided to expand the area of the house.

I installed a large stone fireplace for cooking and heating.

I continue to exploit the resources of the cave (copper, iron).

The days pass quickly.

8. OlivierQC

Day 7/365

I finish transferring my stuff from the cave to the house.

I take all the ores I can find in the cave with my iron pickaxe,

I'll have to come back later with a steel pickaxe to take the other ores when I am able to make steel.

I build a big wooden cupboard, I start to need more storage space.

I make myself a primitive outfit out of vegetable fibers, it protects me a little from the bad weather.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  9. OlivierQC

Day 8/365

I take the opportunity to collect sulfur, silica and oxide, I will need them later.

I meet some animals, hostile or not, that increases my experience.

I also start to be interested in the flora, especially the one that can be used to make medicines or others.

I also found a new cave at the end of the day, smaller than the first one but rich in raw material.

I unlocked some skills to make parts of house based on stone, more resistant than wood against dangerous animals and bad weather.

10. OlivierQC

Day 9/365

I spend the whole day gathering the basic materials to build the elements of the stone house, and it takes a lot.

By mid-day, everything is ready and I change the walls and the roof.

I leave the wooden floor for the moment.

I also keep the original wooden door for the moment.

11. OlivierQC

Day 10/365

10 days alone on this planet... this day was announced radiant.... unfortunately it ended badly.

I modified some walls of the house to add windows.

I hunted... mainly wolf, boar, deer and moa (predatory bird).

I found two caves full of ore while hunting, I memorized their location for later.

I had a violent storm, fortunately I was sheltered in a cave at that time.

And finally the best for the end, I decided to attack a bear at the end of the day on my way back.

Bad idea, he must have been of a high level because in spite of my fabulous courage and my numerous knives he killed me.... I died.

And to make matters worse, I forgot to register the respawn in the house in case of death, I was sent back to the bush at random on the map.

Fortunately not very far from the place of my unfortunate death.

I took the opportunity to go back to where I died to get my stuff and ran away as fast as I could because I heard the bear near my position.

I returned home with a penalty due to my death, I lost all the experience I had gained at level 15.