HT Movie Database without active source

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by 3DBuff, Jul 8, 2022.

?

Would you like to have an option of keeping the database of movies when the drive is off?

1. Yes, this is a great idea, I would like that.

55 vote(s)
    82.1%
  2. No, not interested, it has no value to me, don't waste time on it.

12 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I would absolutely hate it if Zidoo kept showing me movies that are not connected and I kept trying to play them and nothing happened. I love that movies show up only as the drives are up and running and ready to play the media.

I would however love a feature where you dont need to rescan the whole drive to update one new movie.

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

For every 5 people in favour we have 1 against. 5 would love the idea of seeing the complete collection if the drives are connected or not :D
    Save the drives and save the planet. Don't burn and spin the drives full of archived movies all the time.

If you click on the movie and it doesn't work obviously you need to connected it back up.

Even better idea is to have a check mark by the source address. "Check if you want data maintained when source is not available".

It would satisfy all :)

3. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yup, I am not against the idea IF there's an option to turn off the said feature as needed.

"If you click on the movie and it doesn't work obviously you need to connected it back up." --- This is not a great way to manage as some of my drives can take a few seconds to spin up or for folks over NAS, it might take some time for movie to start. You dont want users guessing whether what they just played is connected or not.

An even better idea would be if movies/posters have a check box in the corner (similar to watched) whether that movie is readily available or not! Or a Green and Red border? Just throwing ideas here but I'm guessing zidoo team is not interested in this for now.

4. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

With a large library of content, spread over multiple NAS' and HDD's (all sorted in "new" and genre folders), having all content shown on a single page is far from ideal (especially with the time to load covers for HT4).

I have used Kodi's Video/Files method to quickly locate and view my content for several years, with my previous media player (HiMedia) and now Zidoo's ZDMC (Z1000Pro).
    All content can be viewed and it does show if unavailable when clicked on (and "do you want to delete source" message), so is not difficult to switch on or connect an easily identifiable source when required.

I will switch on a specific NAS and/or plug in a HDD before I sit down to watch (or listen if music) :D
    There is no way I'd keep all 5 NAS's powered up and all the external HDD's daisy chained to USB hubs, just so there is no delay to watch something :cool:

Bello78 and 3DBuff like this.