How to stop sleep or standby??

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by fackamato, Jan 13, 2018.

1. fackamato

fackamato New Member

Hi,

I have a USB HDD connected to the X9s which is shared over Samba / CIFS. I have a Raspberry Pi with a torrent client on it (Deluge). Whenever the X9S "thinks" I'm not using it anymore, it shuts down or goes into standby - shutting down the HDD and causing all torrents to stop. Additionally, it forces Deluge to re-check / verify _every_ torrent due to unclean shutdown.

How can I stop the Android system from sleeping? There is no "stay awake" in the developer settings.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

that depends on HDD firmware , there is no option in android for HDD control ( as 99,99% of android devices dont have a hdd in them ) connect it to a PC and should be able to find a tool from the manufacturer or a 3th party tool to setup spindown/sleep for hdd.

3. fackamato

fackamato New Member

I should have phrased my question better. I am not talking about HDD standby, I'm talking about the Zidoo box going to sleep on it's own when not in use.

4. Lony

Lony Active Member

Press Button OFF shortly at the Remote, after that it comes 3 Buttons, you can setup Shotdown and standby with the cursor from the Remote.

Hope it helps ;-)

Lony

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

I know of no function to auto sleep unless is done by other device trough CEC

6. fackamato

fackamato New Member

I want the opposite. The Zidoo should NEVER go to sleep. Never, for any reason.

However, it seems to enter sleep or standby on its own. How do I stop this?

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

first.make sure you have all forms of CEC disabled.
    can you explain your setup ?

8. fackamato

fackamato New Member

I do have CEC disabled. This is the setup:

External HDD via USB 3.1 > Zidoo X9S
    Zidoo X9S > receiver
    Receiver > TV
    The X9S shares the external HDD via CIFS/Samba. There is at least 1 CIFS client that needs access 24x7, a Raspberry Pi 3.

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

unless the receiver forces the box in to sleep, i see no other problems. mine runes 24/7 for mounts now

10. videobruce

videobruce Member

What is the US power consumption (120v) of this;
    1. In standby,
    2. 'On' with a HDD installed and playing a video?

Preferably measured with a 'Kill-A-Watt'. or similar.

11. Emiliano

Emiliano New Member

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. My X9S goes into sleep mode if not used for about 2 minutes.
    My receiver is a brand new Denon 1400. Arc is disabled in both receiver and zidoo.
    I couldn't find any setting in zidoo menu to avoid this.
    Did you find any solution ?
    Thank you