How to set kodi 17 for root Permissions

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Kurt, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

If you want kodi 17 to have read/write/delete/copy etc.. permissions on the sata or USB drives,
    create this folder within your sata and/or usb:
    Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\
    If you are starting fresh, thats all you need to do, you are done.
    Put any new moves and files in any HDD and USB thumb drives under that path.

If you are not starting from scratch, you can move your movie folder into the above path.
    So you do not have to re-scan your entire library again, if you are not starting fresh, you
    can do the following:

-Backup your library (choose the 'into one file' choice)
    -now edit the videodb.xml that was created (you can use regular text editor)
    -there are 3 paths that need to be changed for each movie
    (this sounds like a lot of work but text editor can use 'find and replace' (all), so it is fast
    (I did 3000 movies in a minute).

Below is an example of my old 3 paths and then the changed 3 paths:
    old
    <path>/storage/5E53760B54582FD4/Movies_here/</path>
    <filenameandpath>/storage/5E53760B54582FD4/Movies_here/
    <basepath>/storage/5E53760B54582FD4/Movies_here/

new
    <path>/storage/5E53760B54582FD4/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/Movies_here/</path>
    <filenameandpath>/storage/5E53760B54582FD4/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/Movies_here/
    <basepath>/storage/5E53760B54582FD4/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/Movies_here/

You can see that I moved my "Movies_Here" folder (yours will be a different name) inside the "Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/" folder.
    Android named my SATA HDD "5E53760B54582FD4" (so thats what that number represents).

Once this is done, move your movies folder into the 'Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/' folder.
    Clean the library
    Now import the new library, pointing to the 'videodb.xml' file you just edited.

Once the library rebuilds itself you can now delete/copy/paste etc.. as much as you want.

Kurt

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Lony and jma64 like this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Member

Also, I used the 1.2.8 beta flash and rooted the X9S
    However I dont think that was needed at all.

3. jma64

jma64 New Member Beta test group

Hello

Tip carefully saved !
    Thank You,
    Happy new year !

4. Kurt

Kurt Member

Happy new year !

5. sree

sree New Member

This doesn't work kurt.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

search the forum for the eXposed way ( you need one key root from zidoo, exposed framework and a plugin for usb that will give kodi write permision to any external source )

7. sree

sree New Member

Can you please explain that. Thank you