How to prevent stutter / framedrop on ZIDOO H6 PRO?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by rorocorti, Jan 15, 2018.

1. rorocorti

rorocorti New Member

Hi,

First off all, i would like to say that it's the first time i'm happy with an android TV box: Zidoo H6pro is well above all other TV boxes you can find on Amazon. As seen in firmware 1.0.20, Zidoo take care of customers and correct the reported problems!

Since december, i noticed several stutter / framedrop on every movie i watch with Zidoo, sometimes a lot & sometimes a few, depending on the movie itself (avi, mkv, Bluray ISO, DVD...).

Recently, i try to watch a BLURAY ISO with firmware 1.0.20, and i noticed my TV switch to 24hz (instead of 60hz by default) in KODI with the new mediacodec framerate activated: no stutter at all in that case! But my TV stays at 60hz with internal player, hence experiencing several framedrop with same bluray...

So i decided to change the DISPLAY SETTING to 1080p/24Hz instead of 1080p/60hz and i noticed that i had no more stuttering on all my mkv's !!!!

As all movies are normally recorded in 23,976fps, do you think home-cinema users like me should use 24Hz instead of 60Hz? (When i use the interface with the mouse i can see some stutter compare to 60Hz but that's not a big problem... )

Thanks for your advice.

ps : my TV is a Panasonic plasma 1080p/60Hz TX P50ST50E

Attached Files:

2. sfanetti

sfanetti Member Beta test group

Hi rorocorti, I have problem with 1.0.20 with internal player and with kodi. But only sometimes, not always...
    Please try to swich off and then switch off the tv box, and watch a video in 1080p 24 Hz (with Tv set on 60 hz or 24). Afeter a few seconds (15/20 seconds) the videos are not smooth and the images stutter.
    Please control. I attend with hope a new firmware from Zidoo. Thanks