How to play HD audio with native sampling rate via optical output?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by nutsaint, Jul 2, 2022.

1. nutsaint

nutsaint New Member

I found my Z9X can play HD audio with native sampling rate up to 24bit 48 kHz via optical output.
    But for 24bit 88.2kHz and above, there was no sound. Then I have to turn off native sampling rate and let the player resampling to 48kHz to hear the sound again.
    Because I use Z9X to be a player for my car audio processor which has only optical input, so I cannot change Z9X to another output.
    My previous player is Mede8er Med1000X3D and it can play native sampling rate up to 192kHz via optical output.

Is there any way to make Z9x play HD audio 24bit 88.2/96/176.4/192kHz with native sampling rate via optical output?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

S/PDIF is specified up to 16-bit 48 kHz with 24-bit being optional only.

When possible to use either S/PDIF Optical or Coaxial then always go for Coaxial as it it far superior as strange as that may sound: It allows longer cables, may allow higher rates and above all has far less clock jitter for superior sound. The S/N ratio is not an issue with coaxial.
    S/PDIF specifications have a grey area for higher bitrates if supported by both ends above all with Coaxial. S/PDIF as implemented by Zidoo seems to support those too?

3. nutsaint

nutsaint New Member

Thank you. I would like to try using external USB to S/PDIF.