How to install ZIUI_Cancer on a Z9X [resolved]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Thanos, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Enrico

Enrico New Member

Hey Mark, problem solved. Thank You very much

Markswift2003 likes this.
  2. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Installed the the Cancer ui on my Z9X it’s been a while since I did this on my Z9S players - do I need to activate something so I can add apps to the pop up page when navigating down - there is no little white arrow pointing down on the home page

Installed on Z9X
    Z9X.jpeg

Installed on Z9S
    Z9S.jpeg

3. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I would try rebooting maybe, but have you tryed just pressing down on the direction pad to see if its still activates the favorites drawer? U would reinstall and see if it fixes that either way. Just do the process over.

4. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Tanks for the reply - they are the first things I’ve done before posting on here - might give it one more go with the re install then that will be three times I’ve done the install- on all the pictures on cod-box and McBluna site how to install they don’t have the arrow pointing down for the favorites - it’s really strange

5. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Does pressing down bring it up though regardless of the arrow showing down as a guide?

6. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

pressing down doesn’t do anything - I uninstalled and installed it again but still doesn’t work as it should that’s three times I’ve installed it - I’ve removed it and using the cool Ui for now until I can figure it out

7. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

at this point i would factory reset or e-flash it if that did not work. I can only think a permissions bug is causing part of the install the fail for the modification. Good luck.

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'd say stop buggering about with an interface that's not designed for the box.

But that's just me ;)

xskip likes this.
  9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

I find it strange that I installed it on all 3 of my Z9S players with no problem - I like the cancer Ui better than the cool - if you don’t bugger about with things you will never learn anything - I love testing and messing around with tech

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

True enough, and I do tend to bugger around with my test box/board, but if I go to watch a movie, when I fire up the room, the zidoo just boots into HT, so for me there's not need for anything pretty on the front end.

Oldpainless likes this.
  11. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

. I havent used cancer in months, decided to go my own way with ATV launcher and some borrowing from cancer.I will admit it is snappy on a z9x, z1000pro.

[​IMG]

12. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

I'm the same when want to watch a movie this is why I use my Z1000pro in the movie room - The Z9X is in my bedroom just for watching bits and pieces on - just wanted them looking both the same - its my OCD lol

13. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

interesting - is that similar to the Wolf launcher ?

14. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Likely. It allows you to use android tv banner type buttons, and you can customize each section, applications, shortcuts, widgets etc. has a nice backup skin function and restore as well. No issues with wake or shutdown. snappy like a shield, or atv mostly and pretty functional. I dont think about it a lot.

15. jettthasan

jettthasan New Member

hello, is it possible to share the atv application download address?

16. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

jettthasan likes this.