How to back up kodi-ZDMC and or libraries on X9S without rooting

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Kurt, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

You can save your Libraries using the internal settings in zdmc/kodi
    or you can back up all of zdmc/kodi (all settings, plugins etc..) using the 'backup' plugin.

The path where you are able to write this to is:

Root file System>MNT>SDCARD>Movies.

Kurt

Sarco likes this.
  2. XtrordinarY

XtrordinarY New Member

Why not use Trakt plugin? Trakt Plugin will automatically save watched status in the cloud and will sync again when you have to do a fresh library install or whatever.

3. Kurt

Kurt Member

I tried that before several months back and it used up all my internet bandwidth... 10GB in just a couple days.
    There was a constant leak using bandwidth, and that was without ever using it to back up, just having it installed.

4. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

I saved my library in single file with zdmc internal setting, but when I go to find the xml file to restore, is not seen, in practice it does not work. Why? Then i saved library in multiple files, where is the backup files and how can i restore it?

5. Kurt

Kurt Member

create this folder (if its not already there) within your sata and/or usb drive/s:

Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\

Back up your library there.

6. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

I try with new firmware and new Xbmc, the xml files still do not see, but the import of libraryt seems to work. Also saving the internal memory.

7. Kurt

Kurt Member

The path I mentioned is if you are using a version of kodi.
    For ZDMC, the path will be:

Android\data\com.zidoo.zdmc\files\

Make sure you are writing to that path when you back up (on any HDD or USB Drive or internal)
    When ZDMC was installed, that path should have already been created. Any new file or directory can be created and written too, as long as it is under that path.

8. xxxxx

xxxxx Member