How can I make screensaver to rotate custom set of photos?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Vladislav, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Vladislav

Vladislav New Member

Hi guys n gals
    Have Z1000pro, firmware w/o google apps. So only initial set of apps is there. Not sure which app is getting triggered as the screensaver :) those photos it rotates - fed up with them. Is there an option to make it load/show my own set of photos I have on internal HDD?

Thanks in advance

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

For the Z9X, there is a root folder named "zddaydream". I added my own pictures and named them zd_01, zd_02... etc.
    Not sure if this naming is necessary though, but it works.

Vladislav and andreamusso.am like this.
  3. I did this too, just add some Wallpaper or your photos (attention, because they look good and not with a low resolution, you have to take very "heavy" photos, for example I took the photos from a wallpaper site in which the Photos are at 8K) ...... Whitfield is right, that folder is in "internal memory" .... That is, go to the Media Center left button of the iojpad, on the left you will see: Favorites, Internal memory, SMB. NFS, etc ..... You go to Internal Memory and if you scroll to the end, you will see the folder that Whitfield rightly pointed out to you, there are already 4/5 images that are used by screensaver, you can add as many as you want.

Vladislav likes this.
  4. Vladislav

Vladislav New Member

Thanks a lot! Will try that tonight

5. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Use Google Images to find suitable ones. Make sure that they are 4K and at least 3840px by 2160px for best results.

Using Media Center on the Zidoo box: Move to the "Storage" > "zddaydream" folder, where the original Zidoo images are stored (zd_01.jpt to zd_04.jpg). You can use any names for your images.

Save your downloaded images there.

Also, using "Settings" on the Zidoo box follow the path: Other > About > Advanced Settings > Display > Advanced/Screen Saver

It should be set to "Official", but there are other options there: "Colours", "Photo Frame" and "Photo Table". "Colours" works, but with the other two an error message of "No Photos Selected" appears on the screen.

Anyone know which folder "Photo Frame" and "Photo Table" are expecting the images to be stored in :(?

6. Cezary

Cezary Member

You can select folder in Images browser and set it as screensaver. In screensaver options you have to set correct option to display custom images as screensaver.

7. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

But that only works for the "Default" screensaver. It has no effect on the "Photo Frame" and "Photo Table" screensavers.

8. Trond H. Bergli

Trond H. Bergli New Member

I've also tried to use this photo frame screensaver but it only shows no available photos. Wonder where to put them?