How can I access storage attached to TV Box from PC

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by neamielu, Jan 19, 2016.

1. neamielu

neamielu Member

Hi there. I was planning to use the tv box as a torrent box, too, for some local shows and movies I won't found on kodi repos.
    My question is how can I share the attached HDD to the network in such manner to be able to write files on it? I need to copy torrent files in a watched folder, in order to automatically download them with the torrent client I already installed on my X6.
    I can't figure any way to share this storage in local network, the disk is NTFS format and don't want to detach it every time I need to write files on it, since it is linked to a device which at its turn is linked to a network.
    I guess there should be some kind of samba server involved?
    Any ideas? I have tried to search this forum but no luck.
    Thanks for your answer, anyway.

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

3. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

4. neamielu

neamielu Member

Thanks, while you wrote this, I was digging myself in play store and installed sambadroid. it seems fine so far.

5. grummel2005

for one connection the free version is okai - for more you have to take the paid version

6. neamielu

neamielu Member

Yeah, I noticed that, but our tv box is not so generous in USB ports, so one share is enough so far, I paired it with a 320 GB hdd of 2,5'' and a logitech k400 keyboard.. quite enough. I was planning to get a game controller sometime, will see if a bluetooth one or radio via usb.

7. grummel2005

a paid version can be found SOMEWHERE >> PM :)

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Else, if an Android FTP Server is enough (I think so, SMB is slower than FTP), you can install F-Droid from its site https://f-droid.org/ (have a look to it, is worth the visit!), and using F-Droid itself you can install "FTP Server" (demo but not limited), besides of a lot of other "open source" android apps.