Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

** HT3 is in beta - for a look see here: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/home-theatre-update.75899/page-20#post-125328 **

Ok, I've been told I can talk about this one, so I hope that means I can post a link...

Home Theatre v2.9.28 (11th April 2020)

https://mega.nz/file/BSpzkSZT#MfaslXlBklTQvERK7XV_hdA6u30sEvm2kmrimc6SAcU

The trailers now have a button to start and they play picture in picture which is much more user friendly than previously:

Trailer1.png Trailer2.png

Obviously still very much a beta, so any feedback regarding the trailers would I'm sure be gratefully received, particularly in the following cases:

1. Trailers do not start - spinning wheel remains on screen

2. Movies with multiple trailers where one works, but another does not

3. Trailers that crash HT2 and cause it to restart

4. Any other issues regarding Trailers

Mark

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    Osmar, akan7, Galactic and 1 other person like this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

will give it a whirl and report back . :)

3. DELUCAS

So far if you go on the movie trailer starts playing auto in background if left alone and also if you click movie trailer both trailers work .

if you go on to another movie and trailer dont auto start then ! Then clicking movie trailer icon trailer just spins round and round .

so basically if movie poster has a trailer that auto starts ( mine is set to auto start in settings ) then clicking icon trailer it will work .

No auto start trailer then trailer icon just spins round and round for me .

so as such it works but depends on the Movies you have if that makes sense .

4. Markswift2003

I'm finding that most movies don't start trailer 1, and a few have trailers 2 and or 3 working.

I also find that trailers that work one day cease working the next, almost as if my IP has been logged and banned...

If you have Blade Runner, Pan's Labyrinth, Easy Rider or The Incredible Hulk can you see if they crash HT2?

5. Markswift2003

And yes, seeing the same auto-start behaviour - in my case, the vast majority don't auto-start.

6. Markswift2003

Interestingly, the trailers that crash HT2 when starting PIP manually will autoplay on overlay...

7. DELUCAS

Blade runner auto starts trailer !
    Then clicking on trailer icon whirls ........then crashes and goes back to movie poster wall .

8. DELUCAS

Blade runner 2049 works on auto start , trailer 1 works plus trailer 2 works
    Go back to blade runner 1982 auto trailer works but clicking icon trailer again it crashes .

9. DELUCAS

As you know if the trailer auto starts good chance all the trailers will work .
    Its hit or miss on the movies or diff movie posters you choose in your collection ?

Note : using firmware 2.3.17 Model Z10

but dont think that makes a diff as seemed the same using previous firmware and the last update H.T.v2 2.8.0 ?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  10. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Well I'm going to test it also! :)

11. DELUCAS

Plus noticed when on Movie poster wall nice touch of the actual movie name ( left hand side upper corner ) shows up after a delay matching same art work as movie poster .

well never noticed it before it is new i take it ?

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

A bit hit a miss but a huge improvement. Most seem to work OK but quite a few have the following issues. Note: I have auto start off and on firmware 2.3.10.

1) Some will just fail and crash back to HT2 - e.g Aliens
    2) Some just have an spinning wheel. I have to hit back button to get to Ht2 - e.g the TV series Intelligence
    3) If has multiple trailers and the first is a spinning wheel - hitting the next key to second trailer generally works e.g 'A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon'
    4) Doesn't work at all for any TV shows. Is to be fixed? If not should remove option for TV.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Didn't spot that - but yes thats new. A nice touch.

DELUCAS likes this.
  14. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

None of the trailers is playing. Maybe I have to restart the Z10. I'll try to do that just to check. But the title showing on the upper left side and the pop up window for the trailer is a really nice touch. Let's hope Zidoo fix the issues reported.

15. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Wrong area. This release is not only for theZ9S but also for the other players like Z10 for example!

16. DELUCAS

As always any software / firmware added req a reboot and at times a power off / mains plug pulled out for a few seconds
    It helps re set things .........

17. DELUCAS

Additional New is that when you re match movie poster
    In poster search new mini thumbnails posters are shown in left hand side when choosing poster match inf etc .
    another nice touch for ease .

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Is this version of HT compatible with X9S firmware 2.1.28? Did anyone tested it on X9S?

19. Markswift2003

Yes, installed on an X9S on v2.1.28 and works fine.

3DBuff likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

Strangely enough, all the movies (which seems to be most of them) that won't play trailers on the Z9S will play in the X9S... and they play smoother on the X9S too... Very odd...