Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Just read the earlier pages and you will find instructions. In short download the APK's posted here and install next manually just as any other APP.
    For going back: backup database, uninstall HT2, install the desired HT2 version and restore database.

@3DBuff
    I am using the Zidoo BT remote with my Z9S and also a Riitek RF Pointer Mouse with a full keyboard on the back. It obviously (still) won't work for searching within HT2. Yes entering search arguements should be implemented a lot smarter.

No "View Poster" for "DTS Demo Disc Vol. 23.iso" won't work either: File format not supported, failed to obtain poster. If it shows up using HT2?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  2. korayus

korayus Member

Is it possible to add Audio Format details icon to the poster? Any plan?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, there has always been an issue with movies starting with numbers.

A recent obvious example is 1917 - but that appeared in the "unmatched" section and was then easy to rematch using the built in search.

I'll check today what's going on with that ISO...

4. Markswift2003

Latest version of the apk is always in the first post.

5. Markswift2003

Not that I'm aware of - it'd be a bit untidy and currently not practical since either the filename needs suffixing or the movie must be played before the audio codec is recognised.

In most cases this would lead to some posters showing a codec and some not which is arguably worse than showing nothing at all.

6. Nice Monkey

By the way the search features of HT2 and MP5 are identical. So when one is improved so should the other be.

7. akan7

akan7 Member

Hi, it's does show audio format details, you just have to add.

(DTS-X) = Badge
    (TrueHD Atmos) = Dolby Atmos badge

If you add a description in the filename, it will then add that badge to your movie.

<movie name> (TrueHD Atmos) = Dolby Atmos badge
    etc...
    Black Hawk Down (UHD-HEVC)(TrueHD Atmos).mkv
    • (4K) = 4K badge
    • (3D-AVC) = 3D+H.264 badge
    • (UHD-HEVC) = 4K+H.265 HEVC badge
    • (AVC) = H.264 badge
    • (HEVC) = H.265 HEVC badge
    • (AVC) = H.254 MPEG-4/AVC badge
    • (DTS-HD MA 5.1/7.1) = DTS-HD High Resolution Audio badge Dolby
    • (TrueHD) = TrueHD badge
    • (Dolby) = Dolby Digital badge
    • (DTS) = DTS badge
    • .iso = ISO badge
    • .mkv = MKV badge

Attached Files:

3DBuff likes this.
  8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes, that is correct - that's is what I do. As there is no IMDB number for these types of discs its very difficult to get a match

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes you can - but TBH I find that a tedious exercise!

10. Markswift2003

Ok, this behaviour is expected if you know the logic.

Firstly, "DTS" is a reserved string for file suffixes to identify codecs.

Then, "demo" also seems to be a reserved string, but I'm not sure why - probably in the same vein as "trailer".

So the order in which these appear in the filename is important to identify the file as valid.

If you omit the reserved strings, and simply name the file "2019 Disc Vol.23.iso" HT2 finds it straight away and isn't even bothered about the numeric string at the start.

I've always said HT2 is a bit funky, but I quite like the quirks - it'd be too easy otherwise ;)

@Nejiro - This also answers your query.

screen.jpg

Osmar likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

And you expect this old man to remember constantly these peculiarities? :p
    Good for me I don't even mind if specialities like this are not found. :D

Markswift2003 likes this.
  12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

The quirks I find are a bit of pain but the scraper is usually one of the best. For me does a better job than Kodi

Marfunk likes this.
  13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

My trailer works now. I had word trailer in the filename ;)
    So what is the full list of reserved not to use in the filename words:

1. DTS
    2. demo
    3. trailer

Any more? Anybody knows?

14. Markswift2003

I knew files containing "Trailer" get filtered out, but didn't know about "demo", although it makes sense.

"DTS" is just part of the filename suffixes to show codec info on the details page - pdf attached with full list.

Attached Files:

3DBuff likes this.
  15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I wish Zidoo sorted out TV scraping. below are three screen shots. The first is after the automatic scan where it appears to use the TMDb api. As you can see there is a poster, but no background, plot, director or cast. If I do a re scan forcing it to use the TVDb scraper I get the result shown in second screen shot. Better as there is a poster, plot and cast, but no background or director. However going back to the movie wall the poster is not visible. To correct this I selected 'change image; and was able to select a new poster and background ending up with the third screen shot. All that is missing is the director. However doing this I more often than not loose poster and background with none to select.

Basically its a bit of a dogs breakfast. With intelligent scraping selected in options I wish it used TMDb for movies and TVDb for TV - with better poster and background scrapes

Attached Files:

Abu Khaled likes this.
  16. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

demo,trailer,sample

3DBuff and Markswift2003 like this.
  17. Markswift2003

Zidoo Poster v2.9.28

https://mega.nz/file/BSpzkSZT#MfaslXlBklTQvERK7XV_hdA6u30sEvm2kmrimc6SAcU

Changelog:

1. Increase the viewing history of recently, added forced time reverse display
    2. Optimize the title recognition, compatible with the "season x. Episode xx" video
    3. When adding to the collection, focus control of the collection list
    4. Solve the problem of possible crash when scanning occasionally
    5. Automatically categorized collection movies, adding "Remove Collection" function
    6. Optimized movie added to the collection function
    7. Movie category added to the left column of the home page
    8. The movie details interface adds a trailer function (can be turned off in the settings)
    9. Optimize the display of the new collection of personalized pictures
    10. Solve the problem that the pictures of Douban matching movies are not clear
    11.Optimize the function of getting local pictures automatically if the movie has no poster when the priority local picture switch is turned off
    12. Rematch and add poster preview function
    13. Solve the problem that the details entered by NFO will occasionally crash
    14. When the child lock password protection is turned off, the main interface will no longer display the lock icon
    15. Solve the problem that movies with the same title in different years will be matched into the same movie
    16. Added CLEARLOGO function in the detail interface
    17. Increase the function of Pop-up button of remote control
    18. Solve the problem that "scanning" is always displayed when adding devices
    19. Solve the problem that the change of poster language does not take effect
    20. Optimized sorting function
    21. Priority search for TMDb during smart search
    22. Optimize child lock function

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    am2, Osmar, akan7 and 5 others like this.
  18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

See my post 2 up from yours. I wish the intelligent search could correctly scrape TV series. For example on both TMDb and TVDb the TV series Vagrant Queen has posters, backdrops, episode and cast information. However HT2 is inconsistent on what information it returns.

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Hey @mirror, thanks for all updates and hard work. HT2 is getting better and better :)

Anyway you could add this slide off function to remove overlay on Collections and Movie page?
    There was a lot of effort put into graphics and artwork used for backdrops. At the end it is heavily obstructed and impossible to see specially main characters in some cases.

This function in Black Glass Nova skin works very well with right arrow button. I can slide most of the obstructions off the backdrop.
    You could implement something similar where using up, down or right arrow you keep moving focus through items on the screen and slide everything off once you get to the end. Opposite arrow would bring it back.

20. Markswift2003

My guess is the root of the problem is because Sources are not specifically defined as either a TV Source or Movie Source in the first place - they're just sources.

So when the scraper is initially called, it has no way of knowing whether it's a TV series or Movie at that point.

I'd expect some logic could be written in at the initial lookup which then says if it's a TV series use TVDB, else use TMDB...