Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I absolutely agree - the search function would greatly benefit from direct keyboard entry - this would not only benefit users such as yourself with wireless keyboards, but also those of us using Crestron or Control4 etc with the addition of alphanumerics to the RS-232 and IP protocols...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  2. catorcio

catorcio Member

The problem is that HT2 on Zidoo is worse than ZDMC, if it were better I would not have problems in eliminating ZDMC.

3. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I don't understand what this answer means ... how come I see the others? And I can't add covers manually because I don't see them through the library but only browsing with samba

4. Markswift2003

It will either be attached to another title as an "A" "B" selection, in which case you can separate them into separate items, or it will be shown as "not matched".

The code does not allow for valid media within the "source" path to simply not appear - it will be somewhere, and that somewhere is defined by how you name the files.

5. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

To see them I have to EXIT HT2 and go with manual navigation via samba, I have no other way to see them, I don't even see them on "surce" ......

6. Markswift2003

So are the files within the Source path?

7. Markswift2003

8. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

The iso files are located in a folder, there are many other concerts, both in iso and mkv, I don't only see these dts demos ...... they are some of these https://www.themoviedb.org/search?language = en-US & query = + dts demo

9. Markswift2003

As with any media player, the key is to keep everything tidy and organised - all content in its own folder, named as close as possible, if not identically to the scrape source (in this case TMDB).

10. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Unfortunately I don't know how to make myself understood ...... I don't know how to explain it, unfortunately I don't speak English .... Thanks anyway

11. Markswift2003

Try to find your file on TMDB and then rename the file the same as TMDB..

12. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

They are already named like this but I can't find them anywhere in the HT2 library even if I use the "search" function

13. Markswift2003

Sometimes HT2 will identify two different files as the same movie.

In that case, there will be an "A" and a "B" box in the details page.

If the file does not appear in "Unmatched" at the bottom, this is what I would look for:

cap.png

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Do you use Media Browser from home screen in Zidoo to do that? Once you select this file click OK and View Poster. What message do you get?

There is another case when file format is incompatible with Zidoo player. I ran into it when experimenting with trailers. I have file mkv but it won't show up in HT2. Poster function from Media Browser is telling me "File format not supported, failed to obtain poster." It's not in HT2 and I can't get it into movie page with "Other" or "B" icon. The file will play from Media Browser > Open With > Play Video without any issues.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

This is probably one of those trailers from YouTube that don't want to play in HT2.

Nothing strange about downloaded file. Video is AVC and audio Opus encoding. Had no sound at the beginning. I converted it to AAC and AC3. It plays fine but still shows the same error using poster function and doesn't show in HT2.

16. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Bravo, finally one has understood me, exactly this happens, on the poster it gives me an error and I can reproduce them only from there and not from HT2 ..... if there is no way to put them in the library, patiently I will reproduce them from there .. ...

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

There must be some algorithm checking if the file video and audio is compatible with Zidoo player. It's probably old and not accurate anymore. My trailer file plays just fine using Zidoo player. The same thing happens in ZDMC. On occasion some odd format specially foreign movie will initialize Kodi player. I can override this using "Y" key and force Zidoo player. Most of those movies will play just fine without skipped frames or any other issues with surround sound using Zidoo player. I don't know if those movies show up in HT2.

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

HT2 has problems with names beginning with a number. I have the ISO '2019 DTS Demo Disc Vol. 23.iso' and it is invisible to HT2.

I can see the ISO if I go to it's location using media center - see first photo. However if I select the file and select 'View poster' from pop up menu I get error seen in second photo. Lastly if I go into Sources in HT2 the file does not appear at all - see third photo. Therefore in the movie wall the disk does not appear either in main area or as 'unknown' .

Attached Files:

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If your theory is correct just rename it for now to "DTS Demo Disc Vol. 23.iso" and see if it goes to unmatched folder.

20. Koonla

Koonla New Member

Hi! newbie here. I don't dare to upgrade firmware of my zidoo z9s. but i want to have trailer on my Home Thearer Program. Is it possible?. Anyone has a tutorial?? Thank you

Now i use Home Theater Program that in my z9s. it just show a poster only