Proposal Home Theater v4 - new features request

Discussion in 'General Development' started by Cezary, Nov 23, 2020.

1. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

2. easydore

easydore New Member

Hello,
    using the poster label UHD or BD with MKV files not only with iso or folder could be great, because many mkv are now just REMUX so same qualité as iso or folder just without menu. like this i can see a difference between 4K or HD reencoded and BD or UHD just remux.
    I'm using new Zidoo UHD 3000 with HT v4.0.49

I have also many problème with scraping when there is same symbol in title : ' ,
    or wen title is les than 4 or 5 character like 300 or 42 also if there is a date with or without ( )
    Language French FR
    Example TMDB Title : 300 : La naissance d’un Empire (2014)
    i have tried :
    300 La naissance d’un Empire (2014) 1080p.mkv
    300 La naissance d’un Empire (2014).mkv
    300 La naissance d’un Empire 2014.mkv
    300 La naissance d’un Empire.mkv
    300 - La naissance d’un Empire.mkv

nothing is working forced to remach by hand

other exemple : Alerte ! (1995)
    not working bad scraping and not possible tu rematch not found
    only wait to find it use the swedish title lol

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  3. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

For Alerte !, that I also have in my collection, the only way is to use the english name of the movie: Outbreak (1995). About 300 - La naissance d'un empire (2014), I also have a fail in my last scrape but before it matched succesfully.

I have pb with short titles like Red, 300, Fog... And if you have some numbers in the title and you use the release date in brackets, scrape is a fail too: New York 1997 (1981). Zidoo scrape tool should be able to recognize a year in brackets as the release date and to take the other numbers as a part of a title.

4. easydore

easydore New Member

I came from Zappiti so for me it's a little bite disappointing to expecting this kind of problem, because there scraper il realy better for the moment, with never unmatched and never bad match. But sound and stability of the video are very better for the moment on this new UHD 3000. Some small thinks can be great line mor personnalisation on screen like a small database with some icons for change the one on home screen, i'm not fan of this big round collored icons, the one before enter in posterwall are smarter and it could be great to have some in the same style.
    possibility of remove the edit icons could be great too, i think it'll be better to edit the list of icons on home page just with the menu buton and delete this big + button.

i'm also orphelin of a great option found on my zappiti is the management of TVSHOW. here i have not found how to indicate all episode already seen in only one click. On zappiti if you click on play directly on home page in the list of watching series or movie. here you have to clik on ok to open the movie page or tvshow episode list and after that you have click on play to start.

All this request is small things that can be easily update i thing. but the most important thing for me is working on a more acurate scraper with also detection of file info for video and audion format inside, i not fan of renaming all my file for having this king of information.

5. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Yes, the ability to mark individual episodes as watched/unwatched would be a great addition.

I would also love to see a pop-up menu option to play random episodes from a TV series or season folder.

For the Posterwall, can I also suggest a coloured banner behind the IMDB rating & the watched icon (like the resolution banner), or perhaps give the text a black border? It's nearly impossible to see either of these if the poster has a white background.

When selecting a video to view the details, I've noticed that the default audio track is not necessarily always listed first. For example, I have a video that's default audio is multichannel FLAC, with a secondary AC3 commentary track. Only the AC3 track shows up in the media info. It would also be great if the audio track channels were displayed (2.0, 5.1, 7.1).

One last thing (for now), & I think it's important: the ability to change the Posterwall refresh frequency during media scanning. 5 seconds is too frequent. If I'm casually scrolling through my large media library during a scan, It's quite frustrating when the Posterwall refreshes & I end up back at the top of whatever directory I'm in!
    Being able to set adjustable refresh times from 5-30 (or even 60) seconds would be awesome.

The development team is doing a great job & I, for one, appreciate it. Thanks :):)

Edit: Z9X on firmware v6.3.92

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    ccart likes this.
  6. burton

burton Member

on z9x pro with HT ver.4.2.69 i do not get imdb ratings in more than half of the movies......any ideas to solve that?Thank you.

7. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Member

I'd like to see more robust metadata management too, but for now having the webui is enough.

I only use the built in player for movies anyway, all my TV shows are done through Jellyfin or Plex (via ZDMC addon), I run both for various reasons, which allows me a much more robust level of metadata control.