Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. You need to put auto frame rate off...

2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

if i set it off, sometimes i more easily notice a glitch or more like stutter
    but with auto switch on, its better, at least my eyes did not notice any stutter even maybe its still there

3. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

Has one of you figured out what the theater wall poster location selector does ?? I would like to have all posters located in a single place (ie mounted disc) to keep internal storage at max. But even when selecting custom location only and defining a folder...the folder remains empty. The posters are displayed but they keep been stored to internal storage....

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I have mine set to the SD card with "Custom Directory" ticked (bottom option) and in typical HT2 fashion (as I'm learning!) there are some of the backdrops (20 out of 182) cached and more posters than I have films (203 out of 182).

I wonder if it only caches backdrops for those movies you've looked at and since I renamed a few films that might explain why the extra posters...

5. godalmighty

i choose custom directory too so in that directory i got HomeTheater folder that have 3folders inside, Backdrops, Caches and Posters
    the strange part is, when i delete this HomeTheater folder and then shutdown my box
    when i power up my box, and go to HT apk, and still all the poster exist
    and more suprising me is, when i explore the posters folder, all the poster images is there including the unmatched poster too even we already rematched it

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The database itself seems to live on the box, so if you delete the .HomeTheatre folder, the database is still available so it rebuilds the image cache from the internet or a secondary location depending on the Custom Directory settings.

Or something.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Guys, don't focus too much on this black frame. It's Zidoo changing resolution / refresh rate to match the source from the wall poster interface screen 4K / 60Hz. It only happens once at the very beginning and you could probably rewind it back to get the clean play.

From my previous post:
    Typically you want the player to send original source frame rate and resolution to the TV without any changes. TV should match internal screen refresh rate to source frame rate. This would give true cinematic experience like 24fps celuloid film. With newer TV's you can still apply motion processing or frame interpolation to smooth out film judder if desired.
    Setting Adjust Display Refresh Rate to OFF will keep refresh rate at fixed number like 60 or 30Hz preset in Settings > System > Display -> General -> Refresh rate even if source is 24fps.

Playing film source 24fps on 60Hz screen like computer monitor or setting Refresh Rate in Zidoo to 60Hz will result in 3:2 pulldown. Frame A would be applied 3 times on screen and frame B twice "AAA : BB : CCC : DD". This results in uneven frame advancement and wavy motion pattern on panning scenes. Some people prefer 3:2 pulldown and 60Hz refresh rate compared to true 24fps film cadence on fast displays like plasma or OLED. My personal preference is to set Zidoo to Auto for resolution and refresh rate and use TV motion processor with interpolated frames to take some of the judder out of 24fps film on OLED screen.

The issue of player sending 23.976 fps film material at 23.98Hz will produce repeated frame every few minutes. It would be more noticeable on panning scenes compared to something static. TV internal motion processor would mask or expose the issue based on the settings and type / brand of the processor. I see it more on 4K material compared to 3D or HD. Any other frequent stutter issue is not related to 23.98Hz.

JohnS likes this.
  8. godalmighty

sorry @3DBuff the black screen i mean is with the playback and yes its only appear once when the movie start, so i dont think its for matching the source from the wall poster interface
    or maybe what you mean is, when we play a movie, at first zidoo use the resoloution&frame rate from zidoo gui (hdmi out) and then black screen appear for auto switch
    but if you said don`t focus too much on this 2seconds black screen, i don`t know how it is possible:(
    all i asked, if zidoo team can make the black screen appear first for auto switch and then play the rest of the movie, just like others box can
    but its just a suggestion, if they cannot achieve that, its ok with me

for addition, if i use interpolation from my tv, i don`t like the SOE :(

thats why if once you get wrong result for tv show especially for some episodes, you cannot do anything except you have to factory reset the box

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

What TV do you have?

10. godalmighty

LG 55UH650T, support 4k@60fps HDR

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It’s LG IPS LCD base type of display. There is a bit of blur on frame transitions helping with motion perception on 24 fps film material. I have OLED and 24 fps film is too slow with this unbearable strobing effect without motion processing and interpolated frames. Over the time I got used to smooth motion to the point that 3D movies are lacking details and realism without it ;)

12. godalmighty

i dont know about blur (maybe this is because they dont use BFI) but sometimes they got motion artifact :( if i use motion interpolation
    and i really dont like this SOE, so i prefered turn of the truMotion feature on my tv

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

^ Valid point :)

I didn’t know I had blur on my old LCD TV until I bought OLED ;)

14. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Hi,
    As deleting movies directly from HT 2.0 is something many of us wish, I was thinking that an easy compromise would be that while in a movie page in HT to make the cursor also select the path which shows the file location in the lower part of the screen and open the file manager (Media Center) directly to this path, where we can easily delete the file if wanted.
    It would be really nice.
    Thank you.

15. rascalmax

rascalmax New Member

I can't seem to figure out how to add the second season of Game of Thrones with the new Home Theater 2.
    Season 1 worked just fine using this syntax with the files: Game of Thrones S1 E1 Winter is Coming
    S1 = Season 1 E1 = Episode 1 I also tried adding the year for season 2 2012 as part of the name but it doesn't seem to pick up on it, comes back with no title found type of error.
    Anyone else figured out how to make this work on shows with multiple seasons?

16. @mirror

Is there any way to delete the unwanted collection folder or rename option? For example if you see my screenshot, I don't have any Avatar Collection or Ant-Man Collection but how come it shows like that. Hope you can help me here.

Attached Files:

17. godalmighty

yes this is a very good compromise and very practical
    i dont have any problems with my Game of Thrones set
    my filenaming is just like this "Game of Thrones S02E01 - Winter is Coming" of course without the quote
    HT_TV02a.jpg HT_TV02b.jpg HT_TV02c.jpg
    for what i thought, maybe zidoo misunderstanding about the COLLECTION and SET meant
    if we have a movie series (not like tv shows) more like sequel and we want to stack it in one group, they should have call it SET not COLLECTION
    and thats why this look like a mistake but for what your proposing, i dont think it should necessary
    maybe i more suggesting they dont do automatically to put almost all the movie we scanned into a collection because of the misinterpretation about Collection and Set

18. No, what i meant was there are no files in the collection folder and there must be a way to delete it or maybe they can add an option to delete the folder.

19. godalmighty

you meant that you dont have Avatar and Ant-man in your hdd?
    i check with mine too later but if it is, i still dont think it was annoying anyway :p

20. Yeah i do have Avatar, Ant-Man and tons of movies but only for particular movies it shows collection which it's not part of any collection. Well for me definitely it's annoying because i'm one of the user who trying to make things perfect.