HDR

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by plouie10, Sep 16, 2018.

1. plouie10

plouie10 New Member

Hi
    For the most part love this player. Plays 4K HDR movies great. I have a full version of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation (about 64GB) and the the opening scene the sky is blotchy. Has anybody who has this movie noticed this? Some movies are outstanding like Jurrasic Park Fallen Kingdom. It's just this movie, so I'm thinking it's the movie? Or maybe the settings I'm using wrong?
    thanks in advance for any suggestions to try.
    Watching this on and LG OLED TV

2. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

This is a great media player, but it's not perfect. Thetl are some movies where you can experience some banding effects or some blotchy spots with tones of green. This is more noted in smokey of foggy scenes and with skies. I don't think that Zidoo will find a definitive solution due, eventually, to the SoC limitations. It also depends of your equipment and settings but, probably, you won't be able to make it disappear totally.

3. plouie10

plouie10 New Member

Okay thank for the reply. I guess it's a hit or miss think. Most movies do look stunning.

4. plouie10

plouie10 New Member

Okay quick question. What determines the video quality of the player? Is it the Realtek RTD1295 chip? For instance, if all the players have the same chip, then do you get the same output?