Hdr washed out

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by huntlaar, Dec 18, 2018.

1. huntlaar

huntlaar New Member

hello every one ihave recently bought sony x900f which is hdr 4k tv im trying to watch hdr movies through zidoo directly and im getting washed out hdr the tv recognize hdr but its very pale and washed out i try to change settings nothing work recently itried nvidia shield and atv4k on same tv with same wire and they work well itry to search about the problem it seem only me who complains about it

2. Valera

Valera Member

Try to set video signal settings on both devices to Auto. Try another movie. Connect to another Hdmi port on your TV.

3. huntlaar

huntlaar New Member

Tried every thing nothing work

4. Valera

Valera Member

My Bravia shows a three-letter HDR indicator at the top right corner of the picture settings popup menu, which is accessible via the Action button on the remote. At least, it indicates that your TV receives HDR signal. Make sure it set to 10 bits on the both ends. I had no problems with x9s firmware 2.0.34 on the Sony TV, probably with same video processor.

5. huntlaar

huntlaar New Member

Ican see hdr signal too but the colour is washed out black apear grey and all colour seem washed

6. Valera

Valera Member

Can you list all your current video signal settings on the x9s side? It looks like incorrect video signal format is selected.

7. huntlaar

huntlaar New Member

Hdr toggle on hdmi 2.0 on setting
    And hdmi setting all auto
    Itried manually 10 bit
    Same result

8. Valera

Valera Member

- Try to Reset to factory defaults your player.

I have no more ideas.

My settings are 10 bit 4:2:0.

9. huntlaar

huntlaar New Member

Still nothing work

10. movd

movd New Member

Try to set HDMI Range Mode = 16-235

11. x9suser

x9suser Member

My Samsung KS7000 10 bit HDR TV is also washed out when watching hdr movie when HDR setting is enabled in the X9S.

I have given up and disabled the HDR setting in Zidoo.

FW is 2.0.34

12. huntlaar

huntlaar New Member

you will lose hdr thats way

13. x9suser

x9suser Member

What's the use of HDR if it looks washed out. I am more than happy without HDR since it looks better than with HDR enabled.

14. huntlaar

huntlaar New Member

HDR is. Big step up for me iwill change the media player if its possible

15. x9suser

x9suser Member

To each his own. For me HDR is just one big hype ☺️

16. huntlaar

huntlaar New Member

Maybe on ks 7000 its not that difference
    But on new oled or fald led its make hige difference

17. huntlaar

huntlaar New Member

Ijust try this save the day thank you so much iwish zidoo fix this auto thanks again

18. huntlaar

huntlaar New Member

Last question how to change subtitles color there is no option through menu for that and its very important for hdr

19. Valera

Valera Member

Yes, it makes noticable improvements on the skin texture. Faces became more detailed.

huntlaar likes this.
  20. Tony77

Tony77 Member

I experienced this IDENTICAL washout issue & I have a samsung UN or NU8000...

'Interestingly', I tried EVERY variation among the 3 or 4 Zidoo settings. (Hdr, HDMI range, BIT depth, & even chromas) NONE of these made a significant change..

As a last ditch effort I disabled "HDMI UHD color on the TV ITSELF! THAT DID IT, irrespective of my zidoo settings! I should mention, this setting oddly is NOT in picture settings. Its in the 'external device manager' under 'General' settings? there u find HDMI UHD color, where u can either enable or disable this for EACH HDMI port! so u can enable for 1 port but not others or visa versa.

this is a setting for all samsung 4k tvs i believe. I used to have a KS model which represents 2016 year models & on that older 4k you could only enable UHD COLOR on the 1st HDMI port but no others..

I believe the original question was about a Sony, which I dont own, but possibly a similar setting is possible?

As to the zidoo settings, I find limiting Hdmi range advisable, & if you want your hdmi settings to stick, set the ones possible under DEVELOPER options. the setting there seems to "stick" better & override hdmi settings found elsewhere.

other than limiting hdmi range, AUTO seems to work best for other settings, & if u feel like screen is too dark forcing setting to 8-bit can help...

Hope this helps someone! ;) good luck!