HDR Stuck on problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Johnwoto, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey Guys

I just updated to the latest firmware 2.3.32 unfortunately it outputs HDR all the time no mater what I play and even on the home screen, tried various output settings and when I change the HDR settings say to 2020 or back to auto then the HDR goes off until I play HDR content - when I reboot the device the HDR comes back on again all the time - I updated my x20 to the same firmware and that’s fine.

Has anyone had the same problem when they updated? - I don’t even think you can roll back to the last firmware without having to reset the player as I have done in the past.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You can try a factory reset first. Very strange.

3. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

If I do a factory reset I will loose all my cover art, when I do a rescan of the sauces will it assign all the cover art as I had it as I have made quite a few changes to them

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've haven't tried this, but it should work....

Go to HT3/settings/Library/Export NFO and click <EXPORT>

Make sure "Export Posters and Fanart" is ticked and click <Start Exporting NFO>

This will create a <fileName>-fanart.jpg, a <fileName>-poster.jpg and a <fileName>.nfo file in each movie folder.

When you rescan, make sure you have NFO parse set to "Preferentially parse NFO files" and "Use local images first when scanning" selected in settings/Preference

This **should** bring everything back as before....

Also, depending where the Poster Directory is set, a backup restore would work, but the Poster Directory can't be somewhere that will get wiped in a system restore - eg. internal storage.

Going back to the HDR thing:

So when you set HDR like this:

HDRSettingsAuto.jpg

And then do a reboot and HDR stays on, does this screen then revert to this:

HDRSettingsForced.jpg

Or does it stay on Auto despite HDR being forced on?

5. Markswift2003

Update:

I just tried deleting my library on my test box and rescanning from local images and NFOs as described above and it didn't pick up all the coverart despite it being in the appropriate directory...

This must be down to the issues with artwork discussed in the HT3 thread....

6. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Thanks for the detailed reply - when it’s rebooted it stays on auto, then I have to change it to 2020 that takes the HDR off then change it back to auto, then the play player works as it should it’s when it gets a re boot the HDR stays on.

I have all the posters save to the directory of where the films and TV shows are, I don’t save them to the Zidoo I made that mistake when I had to do a firmware reset on my x20 thought it would be a better option for getting the fanart back it it went wrong again

7. Markswift2003

That's really odd behaviour - never seen anything like that.

As @Nice Monkey says, it sounds like a full reset is needed - so if your data is in the same directory, you should be good to do a backup and restore of the database rather than a rescan.

After I tried a rescan on my test device and mucked up the posters, I did a restore (having backed up first!) and that got everything back, including stuff I'd changed. I use a custom directory, but it's on a USB stick not on internal storage.

8. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Thanks for the help guys, will do a factory reset, I’ll backup everything first. Will give it a go in a couple of days and let you know the results

9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

I did a back up then a factory reset - got everything back up and running - the HDR seems to work as it should not getting stuck on now - that was a very strange thing that was happening

Markswift2003 likes this.
  10. Nice Monkey

Good to hear indeed it works again.

I have the feeling there are some incompatibilities with settings between various FW versions. Had to do a reset a number of times too to get it stable again. Should not be the case but it is.

11. sk123

sk123 New Member

I am using v2.3.33. What I found was after playing a movie with HDR, HDR remained on after going back to home screen. A reboot will reset it back to normal. I think this is a bug.

12. Nice Monkey

You need to detail it more to be processed as a bug.
    Happens with one movie specifically? Has that movie maybe a new title at the very end? Does it reset also playing another movie without HDR, or another movie with HDR?

Provide Info run of that movie.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  13. sk123

sk123 New Member

This happens only after finish playing back HDR movies. Not just one specific movie, with all movies if they are HDR. You will need to play back the HDR movie for a period of time for that to happen i.e. if you start playback for a few secs and then stop playback it won't happen.

14. Nice Monkey

Strange never seen this. I am using AFR + AR maybe you use fixed 4K?
    Using HDR on AUTO.

Maybe you need also to do a reset?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  15. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

The factory reset worked for me as i mentioned in an earlier post - once the HDR is stuck on it didn't matter what was played