HDR dropping every few minutes

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by onek24, Mar 10, 2018.

1. onek24

onek24 New Member

Hello,

i am using a X9s with the newest firmware version 2.0.5 installed.

I configured everything to be "automatic" and turned on switch framerate and resolution.

The issue i encounter is:
    When playing movies with HDR, every few Minutes and sometimes after a few seconds, the TV looses HDR signal and then catches it again directly after. The timings when this issue occurs are random. This also happens when the movie is paused, so there should be almost no data troughput trough HDMI..

I an using two 2-meter HDMI cables which are capable of HDMI 2.0b and 18 Gbit/s. The X9s is connected to a Denon AVR X1300W, which is configured for HDMI passtrough. The output of the Denon goes into a Philips PUS7272. I made sure to use the recommendet ports for high bandwidth data.

The Denon always detects 4:2:0 chroma subsampling and 4k @ 30 fps at the input port.

The movies i am watching vary in its formats, so i couldnt see an issue in the format.

I would appreciate it, if someone could help me with that issue since this really ruins the movie experience.

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

The AVR-X1300W is futureproof, too, thanks to an advanced video section fully compatible with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all six of its HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input

if its only detecting at 4:2:0 30fps ,id say issue is HDMI cables

especially if using the cheap supplied one that comes with the x9s....lots have stated issues of all sorts including banding etc are fixed with better HDMI cables...and lots have also said theirs were rated at 4k specs..but still didnt work fully

easiest place to start with ONCE youve checked all settings

3. onek24

onek24 New Member

4. onek24

onek24 New Member

I've configured my TV 4:4:4 and the x9s to YCbCr4:4:4 with hdmi full range and fixed 10 bits. When watching deadpool the denon detects 4k@24hz with BT. 2020 YcbCr and10 bits. Yet the error occurs every few minutes.

The x9s says that the movie hast 23.98 fps. Therefore the denon is wrong by 0.02 fps? Might this be an issue?

5. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

I’ve had issues with long cables. I had the same problem with my LG UP970 IHD bluray. Went with 3 foot cables from my devices to the receiver and a 6 ft from receiver to tv and problem solved.

6. onek24

onek24 New Member

Strange... the issue doesn't occur when connecting the Zidoo x9s directly to the TV.

I ordered some shorter cables and will try that out. I think i can reduce Zidoo --> Denon to 0,5 meter and Denon --> Tv to 1,0 meter.

Also i will try to use an input port closer to the output port on the Denon. I would use the TV with ARC to denon, but yet it seems like it cannot pass everything trough...

7. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I don't trust those no-name cheap cables on Ebay or Amazon. Try to buy branded one or at least try www.bluejeanscable.com

8. onek24

onek24 New Member

Thanks but comming from germany, i would prefer cables which got sold here. Also CSL is actually a known company, while bluejeans on the other hand is also no different then CSL and just resells chinese cables, but without posting specs on the cables.

I also ordered an expensive pair of Oelbach cables(OFC, 18gbits, etc). Con is, that each cable costs around 40$ upwards...

9. Christian

Christian New Member

Hi, I have the same issue with a Denon X4200. But only since Firmware 2.0.5. Cable is only 1m. And before 2.0.5 there was no problem.

Regards
    Christian

10. onek24

onek24 New Member

Hello Chris!

Have you found a way to fix this issue yet? Seems like it isn't related to the Denons...

Have you tried to plug the X9s directly into the TV and see if this works better?

11. Christian

Christian New Member

12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

ive been using these ones from aliexpress....working very well ..no issues with the xidoox9s to sony dn1080 amp to lg hdr 4k tv

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ven...32701500421.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4A5iCB

using 1m and a 3m from pc

very nice solidly built and hugely below prices for similar in nz

hope it helps

13. onek24

onek24 New Member

14. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Off topic but I have a similar setup (with lg oled b7p and Sony strdn1080). Are you using ARC? And if so have you been able to get it to work properly? I can’t for the life of me get the TV to push audio out via ARC... though HDMI-CEC seems to work.

15. onek24

onek24 New Member

My TVs Arc works fine with the denon. I am not using ARC with the x9s tho.

Some TVs have specific inputs with ARC so make sure to use the right one.

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

arc from tv i use when sending audio from sources coming to tv
    x9s is direct to amp doesnt need the arc as amp strips the audio sends vid to tv

ie tv arc is set to tv button on strdn 1080 remote ..for sources to tv like network /other hdmi ins

and x9s is set to hdmi 2 on the sony

17. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Thanks. My x9s configure works well I just had issues getting fixed ARC to work for TVs built in Netflix. I enabled symlink on the TV and HDMI control on the receiver (also plugged into HDMI 2 on my tv which is arc port). No go. Just wondering if I missed something else in the config on the receiver.

18. onek24

onek24 New Member

Tested with 2.0.15: HDR issue still occurs.

But when i connect to TV directly: no issue... Strange

19. JohnS

JohnS Member

So its not a Zidoo problem? Maybe it doesnt work well with some AVRs

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

my tv doesnt do atmos/dtx via arc,but model was a bit early for those features
    running atmos/dts-x youtube test vids from the tv does seem to present well.but amp doesnt display atmos/dts-x like it does from X9S

Wheres the 2:0:15 F/W
    couldnt find any early links posted yet

found this page doing quick search on the LG oled and arc issues

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/lg-oled-audio-dropping-out-arc/

seems a lot have the issues
    didnt go thru it all but might give some answers