H6 Pro problems

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by StefanoN, Dec 4, 2017.

1. StefanoN

StefanoN New Member

Good Morning
    I bought this tv box a few days ago on amazon.
    I upgraded the firmware to version 13, the HDMI output is connected to a Denon home theather, the TV is a plasma panasonic. I don't use the spdif output.
    The video are saved on a storage qnap. All devices are connected to 1GB network (no wifi).
    First little problem : I cannot set Rome (Italy) for the clock (this city / country can not be found on the list).

I had installed Kodi (latest version available) from google play and after varius setting (audio passthrough enabled), that are what I found:
    1) 4K movies are not fluid and sound is missing
    2) Full HD video and audio are ok

If I use the media center app, all videos are played correctly, but
    1) There is no possibility to mark a film as already seen, and this when you see more episodes of a telefilm does not make you understand at what point you have arrived.
    2) When you start to watch a movie, the TV turns black for a few seconds (as if to adapt the video format) but I lose the beginning of the video
    3) Sometimes the audio is not available. I must stop the movie, get out of the app and come back. Now the audio is heard.

Considering the cost of the product, I'm not completely satisfied, since with a much cheaper TV box I haven't these defects.

Now I ask at the support:
    1) Are there any settings that you can suggest ?
    2) Are known problems that you plan to solve ?

Other question: should you turn off the box completely or put it on standby when not in use ?

I forgot: when I try to create a smb connection sometimes I see the error: unknown error. This is especially true with passwords that contain special characters ($% & £).

Sorry for my English ....
    Thank in advances

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. sfanetti

sfanetti Member Beta test group

Hi, I'm italian, you too?
    Rome is not present in list, but you can set Amsterdam as for Rome.
    I have similar devices connected: H6 pro, Nas Qnap via samba, hdmi output connected to a Bose system audio and the TV is a LED Philips. I don't use spdif.

After I install kodi,, this is what i found:
    1- video full HD 1080p 30 or 60 fps are not played smoothly, not correct the frame rate, audio correct (with passthrough)
    2- video 4k not fluid

If I use media center, the situation is better, but not perfect:
    1 - video full HD 1080p 30 or 60 fps are not played smoothly, better then Kodi, nor with frame rate aadjuct active or not, audio is OK.
    I test also with a film connected with USB 3.0, but I have the same problems. Videos are not perfectly smoothed.
    I test with another TV, another cable HDMI, but the result is the same, video is NOT COMPLETELY PERFECT
    I turn off the box completely, the activation is very fast, so I put the device alway Off when is not in use.

I have too the problem sometimes with samba shares.
    Thanks

3. StefanoN

StefanoN New Member

Yes I'm Italian (Ciao)
    Rome .... yes :D I use Amsterdam to the right clock

For the SAMBA share I changed the pwd eliminating all special char .... and for the moment it is OK.

For video problem ..... this is my disappointment :( (this device cost 100€)
    Your tests are much more complete than mine, and unfortunately I read a lot of reviews with these faults

I don't know if the better solution is return the product or keep it waiting a new firmware.
    I hope in a fast answer by Zidoo support.

4. firewiki

firewiki New Member Beta test group

what's the version number about kodi ? i installed kodi 16.1, it plays 4k movies and the 1080p movies smoothly.

5. StefanoN

StefanoN New Member

Sorry for the fast answer: I use Kodi 17.6.
    Today I will trying with this old version.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  6. StefanoN

StefanoN New Member

Hi
    I tried with kodi 16.1, but the problems remain. At the moment only the pre-installed media center seems to work better,
    but the defects / problems do not allow a quiet use of the box.
    Other example: I start to watch a video 4K with audio DTS 5.1 with the media center (with Kodi the video don’t start - why not ?), the video start but no the audio. I close the media center, re start the box and play the same video. Audio and video now is ok.
    I'm not the only one which indicates these problems, please zidoo support can you help us?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  7. firewiki

when u try kodi 16.1, what was the screen showing ? the frame rate abnormal ? low frame rate ? or showing black background ?
    the audio is a little bit delayed. For example: when i was playing a movie, it would be no sounds, after a few seconds(may be 3-5 seconds), the sounds was coming. This issue is not always exist.

BTW: my kodi 16.1 was downloaded from the URL as bellow
    apps.sfcdn.org/apk/org.xbmc.kodi.8606a5ba8311582456a4df447303bb13.apk?response-content-type=application%2fvnd.android.package-archive

hi, StefanoN, may be you can tell me the movie URL, i will try it to check your problems in my box.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  8. StefanoN

StefanoN New Member

Hi firewiki and thanks for your support.

This evening I will try with your kodi version. Yesterday I tried with a kodi 16.1 downloaded by Kodi web site.
    The defect is: the video start but it is not smoothly.

I have only 3 films in 4K (I'm waiting to change the TV), it's with everyone the problem is the same.
    The test video is more big (more than 50GB), This is the features:

Formato : HEVC
    Formato/Informazioni : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Profilo formato : Main 10@L5.1@High
    ID codec : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
    Durata : 2 o 15 min
    Bitrate : 42,0 Mb/s
    Larghezza : 3.840 pixel
    Altezza : 2.160 pixel
    Rapporto aspetto visualizzazione : 16:9
    Modalità frame rate : Costante
    Frame rate : 23,976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Spazio colore : YUV
    Croma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
    Profondità bit : 10 bit
    Bit/(pixel*frame) : 0.211
    Dimensione della traccia : 39,9 GiB (79%)

Other info :
    1) with a qnap TS-251A and Kodi 17.5 = no problem
    2) with a windows p.c. + Kodi 17.6 = no problem
    3) with another android box + Kodi 17.6 = no problem
    4) with Zidoo media center app = no problem

Can I hypothesize that Kodi is not perfectly compatible with this box?

I will try with the video of sfanetti

9. sfanetti

I hav the same problem Stefano!!
    I have a Qnap 453Pro and I have NOproblem with KODI 17.6
    With windows NO problem
    with zidoo media center= micro lag

Excuse me, which another android tv have you that has no problem with KODI?
    Tell me please.
    Please can you send me your mail or your phone number (my mail is sfanetti@yahoo.it, write your number by mail)? Sarebbe molto più comodo parlarci in questo modo, magari con whatsapp.
    Grazie
    Thanks
    Tell me if you tried my video

10. StefanoN

StefanoN New Member

Hi
    For sfanetti... I write you.
    For firewiki: same problems also with your version of Kodi.

11. firewiki

yes, i try the same 4k movie as yours, the problems are the same.

12. pisti7204

pisti7204 New Member

Maybe I don't understand your problem clearly, but I can't see problem with prova.mkv...
    I have only one problem with this video made with my mobile: the bad camera! :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  13. sfanetti

14. StefanoN

StefanoN New Member

Hi
    Others two problems:
    1) dvd with structure Audio_Ts and Video_ts .... How I can play it with media center app ?
    2) sometimes I play a film but the sound isn’t available.... I restart the box and the problem is solved.

But where are the peoples of the tecnical support ?
    I receive an email each day from ZidooDirect EU asking me to leave a review on Amazon.
    What should I say ?

sfanetti likes this.
  15. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Hi,
    May you send this video to me for analysis?
    You can cut the video file into 1 min first and then upload it to somewhere.

16. StefanoN

StefanoN New Member

Hi
    I have closed my adventures with Zidoo last week. I preferred to change products. You can close this post and remove my account.

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  17. sfanetti

18. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

19. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

To be precise, its 4000 x 2250, not 3840 x 2160. I located the 3840 x 2160 video, it has very slight less micro lag than the 4000 x 2250 if you really scrutinize it. Also, it is less with the X9S, but much more on my PC with FM2+ quad core APU 10 with all four CPU firing away at close to 95% usage.

If the H6 Pro is not meant to play H264/AVC 2160p@60Hz, then it exceeded the expectation to play with only micro lags. I tried the same video on my Amlogic S905 box, it wouldn't even play it, 30Hz version it can.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017