h6 pro doesn't support either exfat or ntfs fs

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by ymuccur, Feb 5, 2018.

1. ymuccur

ymuccur New Member

Recently i bought h6 pro. i wanted to watch movie from exfat usb drive but it didn't recognise.

How can i do t0 use exfat or ntfs usb drive?

2. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

3. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

I confirm 1GB or 64GB NTFS USB key works fine on mine too as well as a 4To HDD on USB3

4. Matthew Tribble

Matthew Tribble New Member

I have a Maxtor 2TB NTFS, HX-M201TC8/GMR portable powered by USB3 port which surprisingly works just fine along with any USB stick I try. My two older older 2TB USB drives, a Western Digital and a generic USB3 HDD box, both 3.5" externally powered and NTFS, do not work. The same thing happens when I plug them in to my Samsung galaxy tablet. If I find an answer I will post it here.

5. Matthew Tribble

Matthew Tribble New Member

OK, here's my answer. If you plug in a HDD that it does not like then there is a notification about it in the notification bar. Move the mouse pointer to the top if the screen and click OK twice to show notifications. The android system helpfully offers to format your corrupt NTFS drive to an exFAT drive. After saving my data, my two older NTFS drives are formatted to exFAT and all three work with the TV box. I have them all connected to the USB3 port via an unpowered USB3 hub.