Green image at 4K HDR HRF 60Hz Movies

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Bobi007, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Bobi007

Bobi007 New Member

Hi I have a movie in 4K with HDR and HFR (High Frame Rate) 60Hz, when I click on the menu to adjust the frame rate and/or resolution, I get a green image that is blinking. You hear a sound, but you can't see the picture, when I turn it off the Zidoo Z9S plays the movie.

My question is this a bug or why is this only possible when the option is disabled?

P.S. I have the latest beta version where Google Apps are already included.
    2.3.15_G

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Have exactly those same symptoms with playing a specific MKV using this same FW.

3. Good morning,

I confirm everything, I too, I think we are talking about the Gemini Man film, in MKV, green screen, with the same film in BD, both with folder structure and ISO, all ok in viewing ......... .

4. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

There is an easy fix...simply disable Auto Resolution/Refresh rate (select "off") in the settings. It will playback fine for 4K60 content. But remember to re-engage for 4K24 content subsequently.
    This is something that Zidoo need to fix.

5. I apologize, but I wanted to clarify that, if the file of the Film is MKV, to me, the said solution did not work, on the contrary, putting both the same film in UBD with folders and with ISO, I didn't have to change anything in the settings .
    The film can be viewed easily even without modifying "IGNORE EDID", or other.
    This is my experience, then I don't know if the same thing can happen to others.
    Sorry for the intrusion .........

6. Nice Monkey

I can confirm both the problem cause and the bypass. My MKV played normally temporarily disabling it. Even stranger after re-enabling Auto frame-rate and Resolution it still played fine. The problem was gone totally.

In my case the MKV is a 1080P25 movie!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  7. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

i got the same green flashing screen. the mt2s ver started ok though but got audio drops after a little while. it might be due to watermark. am coyping the file to a usb drive to make sure its not a network issue.

8. xskip

xskip Active Member

Same here. Gemini Man (2160p 60fps mkv), green screen, Frame rate mode: OFF, works fine. than again Frame rate mode: ON...works perfect. :)

9. Lony

Lony Active Member

It's funny that I have no problems with my ripped UHD version, whether as full ISO or as MKV passthrough, why is that?:p:p

And of course I have frame rate and resoulition switch on:D:p

Lony

10. Nice Monkey

I seems to be an incompatibility in settings between FW updates. Have seen this with more settings like HDMI RAW which needed a cycle too. Still strange as it partially worked just not for the more exotic frame-rates.

We really need a Full ROM emergency image with the next update as a Factory Reset seems not to do the job as it should to get a real clean re-start.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020