Getting Unmatched Titles with own Data

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Carlton Kid, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Carlton Kid

Carlton Kid New Member

Hi, new to Zidoo. Have been using Plex for many years but Plex amongst other things will not play ISOs. Now, I have a very large collection of music DVDs and MKVs and for the vast majority of these there is no match so I just have a large collection of Unmatched titles/ If I go into the web interface and click on Edit for one of these Unmatched titles all I am offered is Collections, Categories, or More. In Plex I just added my own cover art and simple info. Surely this is possible in Zidoo HT4 ??

Trevor

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is a real PITA at the moment.

Firstly you can can't create a new entry from scratch, you have to create a dummy match first and then you can edit it.

That wouldn't be too bad except the web interface is currently fubar and the framing of the rematch page is completely broken.

So you have to rematch in the GUI and then edit in the web interface.

The good news is that the web interface is being rewritten so hopefully we'll see improvements soon.

3. Carlton Kid

Carlton Kid New Member

Hi, thanks for your input. I am fast going off Zidoo. To me it is simply a Movie/TV player and I am looking for so much more. I have a large collection of Multichannel SACD iso's that do play great on My Z9X but Zidd can't match any of them. DVD isos have a poster label saying they are BD. I have only been using this for a few days and have found soo many areas of the software missing sooooo many features. There are code conflicts between the Zidoo and my SVS sub, I could get a Zidoo BT remote but thinking of sending the Z9X back in favour of a DUNE or Zappiti player but supply of these boxes are nonexistent. The Zidoo hardware is 1st class, shame the software does not match the same standards.

4. Carlton Kid

Carlton Kid New Member

If I end up keeping the Z9X I will need to get a BT remote. You seem to have some experience in this field so wondering if the IR can be disabled on the V10 Mini, a remote I like the look of without too many buttons. You posted in another thread that the IR is needed to turn the box on but that won't matter to me. When I am finished using the box the power is shut down completely and on power up the box starts up as per the settings. If IR can't be turned of I suppose a bit of black tape covering the IR on the front of the remote.

5. Markswift2003

If it was me I'd take it apart and desolder the LED emitter but tape will do the trick. The other option is tape on the inside of the lens which would be neater.

I'd definitely get the V12 over the V10 - I have both and the V12 is much more ergonomic and has more buttons. Also has a nice auto illuminate feature when you pick it up.

6. Carlton Kid

Carlton Kid New Member

I liked the V10 because it has fewer buttons, don't need that many for watching a movie. Having said that I like the idea of the auto illuminate, ideal for me in a dark room with projector. My Shield remote has that feature and i love it. I assume the V12 is also IR and BT at the same time ? Are they easy to get apart, not all remotes are ?

7. Markswift2003

Yes, IR + BT.

Just had a look and it's clipped together, so it depends how adept you are with a spudger to split it...