Fw 2.3.30 for UHD 2000 ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by myzidoo, Jun 2, 2020.

1. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

Is this already available ??

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The FW build is slightly more advanced for this model.

This week an official update is promised by Zidoo. That might include all versions?

3. Billdig

Billdig New Member

I am very happy vith video and audio quality (being a music lover too) of uhd 2000, that I bought 2 weeks ago. My firmware is 2.3.3 (not .30) Probably my unit stayed in Amazon warehouse for many months.
    I tried in many ways to install a more recent firmware, but without success:
    - first i tried OTA, but my unit says that the firmware is already updated
    - then i tried with usb, downloading 2.3.10 zip file from Zidoo official site, but received an error message "files incomplete" from the unit.
    - then I tried to unzip the 2.3.10 file on PC first, as suggested by Nice Monkeys, but Winrar says that many files of the .zip package are corrupted
    - Finally I tried to unzip the 2.3.30 with Winrar before use them on my unit (being a Beta release). Once again Winrar says that many files of the .zip package are corrupted.
    That's my entire unlucky story with firmware updating. In the end I think that I can stay with 2.3.3 forever if everything else goes wrong.

4. Nice Monkey

With many players one needs to unzip the update first but with Zidoo you don't. The entire ZIP must as is be copied to a USB Drive or a HDD.
    Personally I move the update ZIP file with SMB from my PC directly to the HDD connected to my player and run install from there.

I don't know which version you tried but there is no FW 2.3.30 for UHD2000 yet!
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/uhd2000/v2.3.23/ZIDOO_UHD2000_N_v2.3.23_202004301914_ota-package.zip
    This is the one you could try and repeat don't unzip it to install.
    Just as a verification did an UNZIP on my W10 PC and that gave no error.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  5. Billdig

Billdig New Member

You are right I made mistake with numbers. Correct is 2.3.23.
    Both 2.3.10 and 2.3.23 gave me corruption errors when trying to unzip with winrar on Windows8 pc. I only tried to see what happens unzipping the file, after I receveid the message "files incomplete" when trying to update through usb drive on the unit.

6. Nice Monkey

There is something wrong for sure but my guess it is your PC and not Zidoo! Try another platform or browser for the download.
    The file should download complete without any error when unzipping.
    MD5 Hash: C187EA0628FA4FA72C0F4D7D8B41634A
    If that one matches you are 100% sure it is correct. I use Total Commander myself for everything including MD5 checking.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  7. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

If you can't unzip you might have a firewall or another antivirus which is active. When downloading zidoo fw files I always need to turn off the antivirus on my firewall which has deep packet inspection and of course messes up the MD5 HAsh. I needed some time to figure that one out ...

8. Nice Monkey

That is a good one.