Future X20 Pro/UHD2000 with RTD 1619DR?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Inikad, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I was thinking about a move from my Z10 to something with 2 HDD bays because I have no room for a NAS solution for now. Nevertheless, with all the new models using the last chipset and the VS10 engine, I will wait for sure.

Can we expect a new model with dual HDD bays coming in a near future, something like a Z20 Pro, stuff like that?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Ha ha for sure something will come there. Personally I don't expect equivalents for X20 and X20 Pro anymore but a UHD2000 Pro or similar only. The big question will be when? :)

I am not so sure even Zidoo knows as Zidoo X was announced 1.5 years ago with still no date for sales. Z9X being announced early this year got marketed several months later. Z10 Pro and Z1000 Pro were never announced and just dropped out of the blue sky together with Z9X. :p

You should be able to find a X20 at a real bargain price. :D
    You can also attach an USB3 HDD Docking station (2 to 10 slots do exist) as an interim solution.
    Buying a single USB3 HDD it can be reused later also by extracting the HDD from the enclosure. Do that all the time for price reasons (keep in mind it may need reformatting).

3. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

This why I pray for something like that before the end of the year. :D

My WD Red 14Tb is more and more loaded and plenty of new 4k releases will land this fall (Pitch black, Back to the future, Total Recall, Mad Max, V for Vendetta, 300, Full Metal Jacket, the last Starfighter, the Goonies, the 2 Sherlock Holmes of Ritchie, a Hitchock batch, ...).:p

A Z20 Pro without all the extra audio part and later, an UHD2000 Pro with all the audio bells and whistles. Let me dream a little bit, especially for the first one in my case. :D