Frequently loosing Network connection

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X5' started by xuraax, Oct 31, 2016.

1. xuraax

xuraax New Member

lately my ethernet network connection has been dropping frequently. This did not happen during the first 3 months I installed the box.

The only way I find to re-establish the connection is to switch the box off and then on.

In other boxes, there is the option to reconnect without switching off the box.

Is this possible on the X5?

Is there something I can do so that the network does not drop out so frequently?

regards

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

3. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

I think you should check your network cable. Try to change one.

4. xuraax

xuraax New Member

When I said frequently I meant once every 3 days or so. I therefore doubt that it is a cable problem but I will try anyway. The router is just one year old so I doubt if that is the source of the problem. I any case it should be possible to restart the network from software as can be done on all other boxes I as well as computers.

regards

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

my router was 7days old and dropping network every 24 hours. had to manualy firmware update ( his stupid update app was telling me its on the last version. it was not :) )

6. xuraax

xuraax New Member

HI,

I have finally decide to reflash my X5 using the link you provided. Unfortunately this link only performs an upgrade to version 11. Since I already have version 11, all this does is a partial cleanup. In fact all installed software remains there including any viruses already there.

The only image file I could find to perform a refrash was only version 10 which is a step backwards.

How can I reinstall version 11 to start from zero?

Regards

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Reflash version 10 and after that you update. Even so. A reflash of version 11 should just wipe the is and rewrite it. Not sure why you still have custom aps.

8. xuraax

xuraax New Member

How about asking a Zidoo expert?