Resolved Frame drops / black Screen with 2160p and 23.976Hz video

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Winicjus, Jan 17, 2017.

1. tiqq

tiqq New Member

The HDMI connection always collapses shortly if I choose other values than off for deep color mode...

2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  3. jo23

jo23 Member

@mirror: Thank you, no other relevant settings. Did you see a difference between the two rotating color gradients?

4. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    i have check your video.
    i find when the HDMI signal drop, the audio is still output. do you connect the amplifier ?

5. jo23

jo23 Member

Currently i have connect the Zidoo to an amplifier. When the HDMI signal drop, there is no audio too.

6. gacama

gacama New Member

the thread starts two months ago, and no solution yet, I think my decission was the better I can do, returned the zidoo to amazon, and buy a PCH a500, I am really sorry for the people that can´t return his zidoo, luck with the support, but I really think that this player always be an incomplete, plenty of issues player :(

Today zidoo only have eyes to the x10, and tomorrow, for sure, will left de x10 development and have eyes only for the x11, the same story as always

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

x10 is almost the same as x9s ( same SOC ), you'r argument is invalid

8. OLED

OLED New Member

I think I have the same problema. Black frames when the settings are UHD 60hz, 10 bits, 4.2.0 and auto sinc to 23.9 29.9. Is this problema solved? my firm is 1.2.11? any configuration to solve it?

zanx

9. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I tested this "test_sample_x264.mkv" file over the 1000Mbit LAN and USB-HDD with the built-in media center, FW 1.2.9. I believe this is a high varying bitrate video, I see micro-stutterings constantly. I don't know what the buffersize allocation is, I believe this is the issue, it is pretty small compared with my other boxes such as the T95N M8S Pro with the S905 processor, despite the 100Mbit RJ45, the video is completely smooth.

Using WIN-7's network monitor within the task manager, running the same "test_sample_x264.mkv", this is what I see......

X9S over the network with 1000Mbit RJ45, I see the network activity as constant chaotic bandwidth in replenishing the buffer with no pause at all. If I yank out the RJ45 cable, the video stops within a sec, this is an indication of a very small video buffer. I would like coin the term for this as "just in time buffering".

T95N over the network with 100Mbit RJ45, it pulls in at a max rate of 60-75Mbit/s for 35 secs until the buffer is full, pauses for about 15 secs then pulls in more at the max rate for another 35 secs or so before the network activity ends there, thats because it has reached the end of the short 2min 06sec clip. If I yank out the RJ45 when the buffer is full, it continues to play for another 25 secs or so before it quits.

Not sure why this is happening with the X9S running this test video, it plays most, if not all my other videos much better than the cheap T95N toy. I don't have any means to see what is going on when the X9S plays this video, but all I know is that other videos that don't show any stuttering also show constant network activity in filling the buffer, not like the T95N with network activity square wave pulses, and this leads me to arrive at the buffersize issue.

Question is what is the video buffer size? Can the above buffer sizes be changed? Change by us in settings hidden somewhere?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  10. olisun

olisun Member

This is something that came to my mind yesterday and I was trying to find out the buffer size myself.

With the local USB playback even the built in media player is smooth compare over the network playback for the same video file.

11. jo23

jo23 Member

Black screen problem with 2160/23.976/10Bit/4:4:4 not fixed in latest firmware (1.4.4). :(

12. olisun

olisun Member

Yes , I was can confirm this issue is still present and I was going to report this yesterday.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  13. jo23

jo23 Member

No useful reply from Zidoo since month.
    Zidoo, can you confirm that this is not working, can you provide a demo that is working?

Is Zidoo investigating that device will output 2160/23.976/10Bit HEVC videos?

14. ragico

ragico Member

Same here with X9s and X8

15. huahungmaster

huahungmaster New Member

I have tried almost all settings but ONLY work smooth when color space mode set as "RGB444" and HDMI as "2160P 25Hz", see below:
    TV: LG OLED55C6 (with Hdmi HDR deep color mode ON)
    Firmware:1.4.4
    HDMI Mode: 3840 x 2160p 25 Hz
    Deep Color mode: 10 bit
    Color Space mode: RGB444
    Auto 23.976 and 29.97 -> ON
    Movie (mkv, ts...etc) from USB HDD

16. jo23

jo23 Member

Same settings but when switched to 23.976 -> blackouts

on Samsung UE65KS8080

17. Winicjus

Winicjus New Member

Can anyone test, if this problem is gone with the new 1.4.6 firmware?
    17,Fix the black screen occuring to some receivers when the Deep Color is set to Auto , Color Space is YCbCr444 and resolution is 4K@23.976 in the meantime.
    This sounds like a fix.
    After getting no response from Zidoo Support, I sent my box back.

18. Rumootje

Rumootje Member

With 1.4.6 my UHD-iso is playing fine now, no black screens. All set to auto (Deep color and Color Space) resolution 4K@60Hz

19. thrang

thrang Member

Why is this thread marketed Solved? I am running the latest firmware on an X9S and their are microstutter every few minutes watching UHD ISO or MKV, bit perfect rips. Video settings auto, 23.976 is enabled. Even though the Zidoo is reporting. 23.98 output. It “feels” like a 24 vs 23.98 frame stutter issue.

Zidoo what is the story here?

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

make your own thread.