Format SD card as Internal storage

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by HDMax, Aug 29, 2017.

1. HDMax

HDMax New Member

I'm running v1.4.6 and trying to format a Sandisk 32G (extreme) as internal storage.
    The formats the card but keep setting it as Portable storage although I select it to be Internal.
    Is this a known bug?

Is there any way to set it as Internal storage?

Thank you

2. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

I also had many issues with formatting the card as internal.
    Eventually I had to replace the SD card as the box ruined my card in such a way that no software/OS could fix.
    Unfortunately I didn't see any instructions from Zidoo

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

first thing. 1.4.6 is somewhat old now , get 1.4.12 and try again.

4. HDMax

HDMax New Member

Thank you HaoSs...I appreciate your trying to help!
    I've spent endless amount of time over the last few days trying to set up the box...
    After flashing to v1.4.12 the performance of the Zidoo player is the worse I've seen so far (I have the box since Nov 2016). There are major pauses with black screen at the beginning of the play and at the end. Really bad.
    Also, it's impossible to format the SD card as Internal... it keeps appearing as external.
    I could format the card as Internal eventually only after flashing back to v1.2.7 !!! ...and then I've upgraded to v.1.4.6
    To my opinion v1.4.6 (also v1.4.8 that is not to be found) is the most reasonable f/w to use so far.

Zidoo's QA is beyond disappointing. With every new f/w they destroy something that used to be ok.

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

hmm, i have none of those video problems in 1.4.12, i know they did changes in some firmware to sd card format, but i'm not sure what version it was, definitely not 1.2.7 , if you managed to format the card under that firmware you are lucky

6. HDMax

HDMax New Member

Yes, I did.
    I tried 1.4.12 twice: with normal upgrades and after clean flash. Both times gave the same black screen problem.
    It doesn't happen with other f/w.
    thanks again!

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

hm, usually you may get black screen at start/end when TV switches frame rate , but i never had problems with this except in some 10bit anime's

8. HDMax

HDMax New Member

I know, but all I had with previous f/w is a short black screen at the beginning. Never at the end....and I didn't change anything apart from the f/w.
    I have a 4k tv.
    Are there any settings to try changing that may eliminate this problem?

9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

HDMax, when you say "major pauses with black screen at the beginning of the play and at the end", you mean the change of resolution/frame rate that ALWAYS (even not always needed) Zidoo Player do when starting a video play and at the end when returning to file list?
    If so, also for me is disturbing.
    Strangely, my LG TV internal native media player don't do this with ANY resolution/frame rate video at all!
    Anyway, this pause is not so long with my "environment", not much more then a couple of seconds, but also always I completely lost a second or little more of video.
    I mean this: video starts, some frame of video plays, black screen (2 seconds?), then video reappears with something like a second or little more or video "unseen" (skipped during black screen).

This happens since I have my new LG TV, so since the first days or May 2017, I don't remember which was the latest FW in that dates, I usually keep my X9S with latest FW.
    HaoSs, do you know which was the FW release at the beginning of May?
    Before this date, I had only an old analog TV, connected with composite video, so no resolution changes nor black screens happened for me!

HDMax, if your black screen is bigger, I hope there is a reason and (of course) a solution.

10. HDMax

HDMax New Member

Hi, I'm using the same tv (Hisense 4k hi-end) since I got this box in Nov 2016. Same settings...also same AVR (Denon AVR-X3300W).
    There was always this black screen at the beginning of the play, which improved a lot in v1.4.6/8 ...it got down to about 1sec. I never had a black screen at the end.
    In v1.4.12 the back screen is about 2sec at the beginning and 2 sec at the end....looks really bad.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

try setting in zdmc auto refresh rate from start/stop to always

12. HDMax

HDMax New Member

ok, thank you!

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

HaoSs, what if (like me) use only Zidoo File Manager and so Zidoo Player?

OT: discovered that if subtitles inside MKV video are not set as UTF-8 (i.e. left character set to empty as default), all players (even VLC, also on PC) shows accented character as strange characters.
    Haven't find a way to force correctly display even not "declared" as UTF-8 , and also if I set "default characterset" as UTF-8 in VLC configuration. Seems to ignore it.