Force RGB mode on HDMI output

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by YotamEG, Jul 19, 2017.

1. YotamEG

YotamEG New Member

Hi
    I thinking about buying the Zidoo X9s but have to verify the following issue:
    does the X9s have an option to force RGB output on the HDMI?
    the reasone for asking is that my TV (old Philips 8404) have a bug that can't handle some HDMI protocols.
    you can see similar forums like the following:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/solved-screen-becomes-green-purple.10154/page-4

to solve that issue, the company allowed a "force RGB" mode at the display->settings.
    I reasntly bought Xiaomi MI BOX 4K and can't use it because of this TV bug.

Can I be sure that i will not face the same issue again if I will buy the Zidoo X9s ?

thank you

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well, we can tell you that x9s does have option for RGB under display settings, other than that, you need to test yourself

3. YotamEG

YotamEG New Member

Ok, I will take the chance. hopefully i will not be disappointed...
    Can you recomand on a worldwide shipper shop?
    does "geekbuying" is an approved operator?

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i'd say go for amazon if you can.

5. Martyprod

Martyprod New Member

I maybe have a simular issue ! Actually i can't use my X9S ! why ? by default, the unit work fine on my TV (old samsung from 2008/2009) but in the default display mode (it's in auto mode, and it's written "better is to not modify this), the LCD light make a noise.from the TV, it's so annoying and painful that i can't use it. i had the same issue with a A200 PCH unit, and the only to solve it was to change the color paremeters, 0-255 and 16-... i had to switch it, but there is nothing like that in the X9S, there is 3 other mode, in the X9S, RGB444, etc... but if i try them, my Tv goes completly out of.... i'm getting green and purple weird picture, and the picture cut for a black picture during 3 seconds every 4 seconds :(. i had to put it in auto mode again, and that the issue were "off", but in this setting, my Tv make a Noise :(...

i'll come back soon, with more test, to tell exactly what it does !