Flickering line in the bottom of the screen

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by kaneda79, Jan 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Yesterday I have experienced a flickering line in the bottom of the screen, after powering on the H6. Sadly it persist during media playing and it's really annoying.
    I've tried to solve restarting the box, the flickering line is still there. Then i tried detaching the power cable and restarting the box after 10 minutes and the flicker disappeared this time.
    This morning I gave another look: well, the flicker is there again.

I'll run further tests to exclude it's a problem with the HDMI cable or the HDMI port on the TV.
    Last try will be the factory reset of the H6 pro.

In the meanwhile, anyone experienced this problem? Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

2. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Seems to be bad HDMI cable quality.
    Check your cables

kaneda79 likes this.
  3. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

thank you leonkoum, I am using the cable provided from Zidoo, maybe other people found it faulty.
    I'll try to test the box with another cable and let you know.

4. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Ok,
    I hope it’s the cable..
    Test it with another device or even better try another one...

5. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Bought another HDMI cable, well it's not the problem. The real problem is that the flickering happens at 50 hz. 24 and 60 is good. so i forced the screen resolution to one supporting 60HZ.

The other problem now is that if i deselect "MediaCodec frame rate" option, the audio is no more in sync in kodi, until i deselect the passthrough option (I use a soundbar connected to the TV, sincerely i don't know if passthrough affects quality or not).

I'll continue to test pluses and minuses of this setup. let's hope for the best :)