firmware 1.0.4.1 sound problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Sarco, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

In firmware 1.0.4.1 sound in 1080p-24 do not work, except for native player (but no sound with aac), little noise when switching to 720p-60 but sound working in all app. Also no sound with pcm, only work with downmix 51.

2. papiguy

papiguy Member

Where did you find this firmware ?

3. Sarco

My second unit I bought a month ago came with v1.0.4.1??

4. papiguy

papiguy Member

May be the manufacturer was assembling boxes of another brand before, for which this version is suitable. This could be the reason why you have this issue...

5. Sarco

But I have the same issue with 1.0.3.9 on my first box. I am actualy trying some other configuration (optical via tv, hdmi selector, direct). I will keep to date.

My first Zidoo had a wifi problem, since it was nearly impossible to manage with app I decide to force a flash of mstar system from an another box firmware ( do not attemp). After returning to Zidoo mstar bin now wifi seem to be stable for more than a week. I keep my finger cross!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  6. jamil

jamil Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

hi Sarco,
    1.sound in 1080p-24 do not work,except for native player (but no sound with aac),
    -------we had test ,no this problem ,can you provide this video, or no sound your aac video.

2.little noise when switching to 720p-60 but sound working in all app.
    --------no noise when switching to 720p-60 ;
    Also no sound with pcm, only work with downmix 51.
    --------if you have setting sound with downmix 5.1,the pcm is no sound,This is the source output

do you check your HDMI cable,

tks!

7. Sarco

Thank you. I will try some different configuration in the next day. My system is a little bit elaborate (HDMI switcher with audio 2.1 or 5.1 for recording, HDMI splitter also for recording) and it force me to pass optical via my TV. So in next days I will try optical from HDMI spliter and Zidoo. I will post result. My cable provider has a strong HDCP signal.... everything work in 720p for recording but when trying to play at 1080p that where problem start. I will keep inform surely one of my component since no one report that problem.