Fire Stick 4K and Zidoo

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by camerinik, Apr 3, 2021.

1. camerinik

camerinik New Member

hello, has anyone ever thought about connecting a fire stik 4k to the hdmi in? maybe you could solve the Netflix problem?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Or just watch Netflix on the Fire Stick.

3. camerinik

camerinik New Member

i need to see netflix on a 4k projector and enjoy of multichannel audio...

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Why don't you attach the stick to you AVR?

5. camerinik

camerinik New Member

it's my second choice...i really hope it works fine, but i have just a few doubts...stick will arrive in 2 days

6. Markswift2003

Yeah, I wondered that...

7. camerinik

camerinik New Member

hi guys,Tried this solutions:
    1) Stick/zidoo - zidoo/projector - audio Zidoo/AVR with optical....video 4K but no audio!
    2) Stick/zidoo - zidoo/AVR with HDMI (all inputs tested) video 4K but no audio.
    it would seem that there is no audio communication between hdmi in and out on zidoo... possible that no one has ever needed to see Netflix or Amazon Prime on a projector using the fire stick? at the moment i don't know you can download netflix on z9s...thanks a lot

8. Markswift2003

I don't think the HDMI input does audio passthrough, only PCM, and optical won't do lossless codecs either so it's a bit of a non starter.

It would be normal to connect the Zidoo and Firestick to the AVR and AVR to projector using just HDMI - still unsure why you don't do that?

9. camerinik

camerinik New Member

yesI did it...sorry forgot to write.

2K video only result (probably HDCP 2.2 protocol not available on my AVR) but also in this case no audio!!! unbelivable

10. Markswift2003

No idea how that could be - in my experience the Fire Stick just works - there are no clever audio settings - it just looks at the EDID and spits out whatever's needed.

Got to be a setting in the amp - maybe audio input assign?

11. camerinik

camerinik New Member

"audio input assign"...umh...i'm sorry , never done it before...little help? thank you so much...

12. Markswift2003

Depends on the AVR so you'll have to look at the manual, but if it's something you're not aware of it's very doubtful you've changed anything.