Feature request

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by nnay07, Jan 10, 2018.

1. nnay07

nnay07 Member

Scrolling down long list of folders/movies can be very long.
    I have 2000 movies stored in the same SMB folder, scrolling to the last ones, (even with the page down option) takes ages.
    Having the option to use the 0,1,2,3... keys of the remote, in order to jump to 0%, 10%, 20%, 30%... of the folders/movie list, would be a great feature.
    Example: pressing 8 would probably make me jump to movies starting with U letter and I could then manually scroll up and down to get to the film I am looking for.

videobruce likes this.
  2. videobruce

videobruce Member

2,000 movies??? What size HDD are we talking here?

3. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Use kodi with different skin.
    Titan for example has a option for going directly to abc or d.

4. dferregu

dferregu Member

Same with MUSIC MP3 files!! Please Enginyeers when you program... think on high volume files please!! ¿do you have only 10 movies or 10 pictures at your home?
    I have: 36.724 files, 2.796 folders on MUSIC SMB folder, 334 GB (359.179.153.408 bytes)

5. dferregu

dferregu Member

8 Terabytes and every year I buy the highest HD ... for example, this year I will buy 12 Terabytes. When the new HD arrive at home I clone the 8T to 12T with clonezilla... (12 hours clonning but all my info new again)

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

keep in mind that x9s/10 is officially supported up to 10 TB. if you use there sata connection. 12 may work but there is no guarantee

7. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

If you have a NAS Synology for example such a 12 bays unit and you can attach to the same unit 2 expansion unit of 12 bays each. Total you have 36 bays, in each bay you can put up to 12Tb hard drive (so far the highest capacity you can get.) 36 bays X 12Tb = 432 Terabytes. You just connect your NAS through the Ethernet port and use SMB, NFS.... you can get a really big collection of movies, music files. I'm aware this is really extreme, but I have myself more than 32 Tb worth of movies and going through the list is long and fastidious. For me Home Theater 1 or 2.0 is unusable compare to ZDMC, at least with ZDMC it's well organized, with Home Theater not so much when you have a big collection of movies. So, YES engineers should also think about high volume files and a better way to access big collection of files.