Proposal Feature Request: 4K UHD Anamorphic Stretch

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mv038856, Jul 11, 2018.

1. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

Hi,

I would like to suggest a new feature for the Zidoo X9S:

Anamorphic vertical stretch of 4K-/UHD material by 33%. Doing this, cinemascope material uses the full 16:9 picture, the Anamorphic lens in front of my projector stretches the picture by 33%, restoring the correct proportions.

I don‘t know if the X9S has enough power for this, but it would be cool if the X9S could do the vertical stretch in the 4K domain, before applying any downscaling, i.e. to 1080P.

On 4K/UHD cinemascope only uses about 1440 of the 2160 lines. Scaling the 1440 to 2160 lines and then downscaling to 1080 would result in a visibly higher resolution on 1080P equipment, where cinemascope material from 1080P source material only uses 720 lines.

Do you follow my reasoning?

Thanks!

Markus

2. looun

looun Member

there is Bluray disc UHD Anamorphic ? o test video?

3. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

The material on the disk is letterbox, but when stetching it vertically by 33% you can use the full resolution of a 16:9 chip and the full brightness potential of a projector. You need, of course, an anamorphic lens in front of your projector to set the proportions of the picture right.
    As a side effect, one can mount the projector closer to the screen or use a bigger screen for a given projection distance.
    The feature request with stretch/scale down would be especially beneficial for users of a FullHD 1080P projector with an anamorphic lens.

4. looun

looun Member

do you ha try aspetio ratio menu on ziddo player?

5. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

I checked the aspect ratio menu in the player, but I did not find a vertical stretch option there.

Or did I miss something?

6. looun

looun Member

it was only a "test".

i have check all player . himedia, egreat, s905 + libreelec.... there is not Anamorphic Stretch .

Only Solution i have read are:
    - oppo 203
    - HTPC

7. mv038856

mv038856 New Member

Thanks for checking!

There is also the Lumagen Radiance Pro Line that does anamorphic on 4K material... but those machines are out of my budget...

Therefore, I want to uphold my feature request! If Zidoo can do it with a reasonable effort, they should. ;-)