External player from Kodi for 3D ISO's

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by hdmkv, Sep 8, 2016.

1. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Hello Zidoo, I assume you can use Kodi just as a front-end and push the actual playback of videos (namely 3D ISO's) to the external/native player right?

Based on how mirror explained it @ Kodi forum, sounds like you're doing a similar implementation as HiMedia with Q5/Q10 Pro? Is there a sort of 'wrapper' that must be applied to Kodi... or is the option to use Kodi's videoplayer vs. external in ZDMC's settings? If not, can any version of Kodi be used with something like a wrapper to push playback to external/native player?

Thanks.

2. Lony

Lony Active Member

My RTD1195 works with an Wrapper Solution since 2015 and now yet also the RTD1295:D Works fine, @freeroc has get a Video from me :p

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

If you play MVC movie from network(NAS),you must use the Zidoo Media Center(zidoo explorer).if play mvc movie from local storage,you can use the ZDMC push to native player.this setting just in ZDMC,maybe can dev a add-on for any version of kodi

4. Lony

Lony Active Member

Sorry but the Wrapper Solution on my RTD1295 works with Local and NAS (SMB) and i used KODI 16.1, or the Last Version :)

5. hdmkv

@Lony, can you share your wrapper solution? Is is just a custom playercorefactory.xml that points to the external player APK, or is there an actual wrapper APK (like HiMedia does) that acts as the intermediary between Kodi and the external player? Thanks.

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Yep, @Lony showed me a video in which video played by external player and smoothly, and it's quiet convenience.
    Hope he share to us. I just can't recognize the German in his ZDMC interface.

7. Lony

Lony Active Member

Hello,

the solution on my RTD1295 works with KODI 16.1, with ZDMC i must tested it Today Afternoon, but i think it Works.

You need Root, without root the Wrapper not works.

We from Android-Mediaplayer.de worls with this solution at RTD1195,many users have helped it could be implemented.

special thanks go to XMister for the app and SAeT9000 for work between the fronts:)

Before we startet with Wrapper, we have mounted the NAS Shares with Scriptmanager an Busybox, this solution was good, but the Mount took too long.

Also we spook with XMister :) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.xmister.xbmcwrapper

A German Tutorial for the this, find at our Page ---http://www.android-mediaplayer.de/index.php/Thread/2779-Wrapper-EWEAT-EW902-4K-Final/

I hope zidoo uses wrapper or programmed like, because the native player is really good.

In Moment this solution is experimental for RTD1295, it works perfect for RTD1195!!

Fore any question please contact me, about Zidoo Forum, or for German User our Forum.

Regards Lony

moere22 likes this.
  8. DenisDA

DenisDA Member Beta test group

I had Mele X10004K and wait Zidoo X9S delivered.
    Well, please posted this forum userdata file - playerfactory.xml. At your forum it is available only to the registered users

9. DenisDA

10. Lony

Lony Active Member

I have the MeLe X10004K and it works very good :) I`ve install FW 1.06

Attached Files:

11. Lony

Lony Active Member

Sure Euro 3,-- is not too much for this App ! or Zidoo produced a simple App ;-)

12. DenisDA

Well, what settings to do in Wrapper?

13. Lony

Lony Active Member

Sorry look in the Tutorial or go to our Youtuibe Channel, there is a Video Tutorial about install on a RTD1195, this is the Same.

14. DenisDA

Please, send to me private link your youtube channel

15. Lony

Lony Active Member

16. hdmkv

It would be preferable to have Zidoo's own customized version of above. Maybe because I don't understand German or haven't tried the wrapper install, it looks kind of complicated to me.

If Zidoo can make this an easy patch to apply, assuming X9S itself does a great job with 3D, 4K, etc. as screenshots seem to indicate, I think you guys will have a really competitive alternative to HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro.

17. Lony

Lony Active Member

Its a simple install, you need 10 Minutes, when you have a NAS or PC . In Our Board (Posting 7) is the walktrough with Screenshots and the simple rest German Words can you translate with Google:)

Maybe i make a English Tutroial, if the time allows.

18. hdmkv

Thanks, and if you could do an English version, I'm sure would be helpful to many.

19. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We have solved this problem without need for any third party applications.local,samba,and nfs path wrapper to push playback to native player.but just in ZDMC

20. Lony

Lony Active Member

Why Only ZDMC. Many users might want to use only the actually KODI, I don`t understand this strategy :rolleyes: