Ethernet ....

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by SerGioTenerife, Oct 24, 2021.

1. SerGioTenerife

SerGioTenerife New Member

On my z9s, at home with 100 megabytes of Movistar fiber. I put the 5hz wifi and it has 40 m of download. I put the cable cat. 6 and has a speed of 15 m. Too bad this, by God. I thought this Zidoo wouldOn my z9s, at home with 100 megabytes of Movistar fiber. I put the 5hz wifi and it has 40 m of download. I put the cable cat. 6 and has a speed of 15 m. Too bad this, by God. I thought this Zidoo would better conectividad.
    With the Wi-Fi it is only unprotected, it says 'internet WITHOUT connection' ..... bad bad bad

2. SerGioTenerife

By doing tests I have come to the conclusion that the fault of this is the static IP, I have it because I dhcp and the speed is equal to that of the wifi.
    45 mb download in both cases is fine I think.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

A tip for you - if you are going to use Static IP addresses then keep similar devices within their own range and always always keep a text document listing the IP addresses so you don't duplicate IPs which is what must have happened here.

And of course keep a separate IP range for DHCP!

I have about 120 clients on my network with dedicated ranges for similar devices and a DHCP range between xx.xx.xx.150 and xx.xx.xx.199 (I only have things like phones and tablets on DHCP).

SerGioTenerife likes this.
  4. SerGioTenerife

Thank you very much for the advice, so I will. I really love the Zidoo and I was surprised by this problem. But then everything will be fine, thank you.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. SerGioTenerife

Another thing, now with ethernet and dhpc ports, I do not download anything with transmission and new torrents. I do not know if there is any more configuration?Before it downloaded instantly and now it never starts ...

6. SerGioTenerife

And I can't share via Samba with Ethernet ... before with Wi-Fi if I could .... What's going on?Is it an Ethernet bug?

Attached Files:

7. SerGioTenerife

Change from Ethernet to wifi and if Transmission and Samba work. Is there something wrong?With other devices it changes well and this is it .... But there the connection is interrupted, nothing works.

8. deibit

deibit New Member

Can you check the IP adress of the Zidoo box? are you sure that the router's DHCP is asigning an IP adress? which one is it? I never used WiFi on the Zidoo, so Ethernet definitely works..

9. SerGioTenerife

Yes, of course that.
    When I put only ethernet, neither the Transmission nor the Samba go, I don't know why.

Attached Files:

10. SerGioTenerife

For the ethernet to work first I have to put bel wifi and then the cable and leave it. If I remove the wifi rl, that is only ethernet, neither samba nor Transmission works. State-of-the-art technology ......

11. deibit

deibit New Member

It sounds weird yes, but from the look of it, I would focus on troubleshooting the router and not much the Zidoo box.. it sounds more like the address assigned by the router, when you use Ethernet, is not “reachable” (Lan to lan or wan to lan)

12. SerGioTenerife

It is a Zidoo thing, putting a fixed ip does not go well. In the router everything is correct, as in the tv, the ps4 and the mobile I have a fixed ip and there is no problem.