EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's the one marked "SDR Rec.709"

2. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

Ah, Ok, thanks Mark!

3. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi Markswift2003
    I finally found out problem. My zidoo is showing wrong colour that is why there is much colour noise and picture is not stable nor smooth. My TV requires 10 bit RGB for true/natural colours somehow it only displays 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 when i select RGB. While RGB is only working in 1080p.
    Is there any way to override 4:4:4 or 4:4:2 into RGB?

Attached Files:

4. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi
    my tv output colors in RGB, I have checked in PS5 and UHD player but Zidoo force output in YUV 444 or 442 all HDR 10 files. Thats a reason I dont get accurate color which affects sharpness and not clear image. I have made plenty of EDID files but still same. unable to get HDR10 in RGB. Is there anyone can help?

5. Ruy

Ruy New Member

I have a Zidoo Z10 Pro and I'm using beta version 6.4.42, but I don't see the LLDV YUV444, 12-bit option that I need. Can anyone help me?

6. Markswift2003

As long as Settings/Display/Colour Settings/HDMI Signal Format is set to "Enhanced" you can select RGB in Colour Settings.

7. Markswift2003

The display (and therefore the EDID) have to support it. If you don't see the options, the Dolby Block in the EDID does not support them and presumably neither does your display.

Letmein and Ruy like this.
  8. Zsoly

Zsoly New Member

Hi, I'm new here and I admit I haven't read all the posts. Am I correct in understanding that for an Epson 9400 projector and a NEO S, it is worth using the SDR Rec 709 EDID? If so, is there anything to look out for or do I just add it and use it?

9. maksi

maksi New Member

Hi Mark,

I've read a lot of your posts here and i hope you can help me because I'm still strugling with LLDV in combination with my JVC NX9 and the Madvr Envy.
    I've read the threads of another Envy user here on the forum...but i still need some help.

My Setup:

Zidoo UHD3000 -> Integral2 -> Marantz AV8805 -> Madvr Envy pro -> JVC NX9

I also have an oppo 203 and before the Envy the zidoo was my main player...but now with the envy the zidoo isn't given me the best image...but the oppo is.
    Especially with LLDV the zidoo gives me a bit of a "flat" image, (HDR settings Auto and DV to player led and no custom EDID) so i have set the integral2 on edid nr 11 so that DV will be played in HDR.
    And now the oppo gives me a more saturated image and better blacks.
    What i'm a doing wrong...?

Do you recommend an EDID for my case to fix my problems so that the combination with the envy and LLDV gives me a good picture? The other Envy user suggested of few threads back you're BT2020 10000mits LLDV edid of the first page..or is there a better EDID in combination with the envy and my JVC NX9?

So the settings should be:
    HDR settings zidoo: Auto or LLDV??
    DV : player led
    EDID: do i have load the custom EDID in the zidoo or in the integral2?
    If i have to load the EDID in the zidoo, what edid setting do i set in the inegral2?

And are there any settings i have to adjust in the envy?
    Or some other adjustments?

Thank you in advance and i hope to hear from you soon.
    Greetz max

10. Zaudio

Zaudio Member

Hi Markswift2003,
    I have a Z9x, and have a new BenQ HT4550i (4K HDR10/HDR10+) arriving soon. I'm wanting to use LLDV with it. Is there any progress with Zidoo on getting HDR metadata sent when using LLDV with a custom EDID like this? I am doubtful whether this new PJ can be forced into HDR10 mode without a HDR10 signal. It would be great to use the built in custom EDID... and save a lot of $$$ on an HD Fury...
    Thanks Simon

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
  11. Markswift2003

Depends how good the 9040 is at HDR.

12. Markswift2003

I would use an EDID loaded into the Integral, because you can send a spoof HDR10 SEI to the Envy to tell it it's HDR10.

The downside of the Integral2 is, the same as the Vertex1, that you can't specify to only send the SEI when the input is LLDV - it has to be on all the time or off all the time. Not a problem if you use LLDV fulltime, but if you want native SDR/HDR/DV then it's a problem. The Vertex2 is a much better solution and I would say worthy of the kit you have.

As to which EDID to use, it depends on what you want to use to tone map - if you set 10,000nits (and you have to do this in both the EDID and the HDR10 SEI message) then the Envy will tone map everything - probably the right thing to do, but I don't have an Envy so can't test.

If you use a 1,000nits EDID (and SEI message) then the Zidoo will do some of the lifting and the Envy will do the rest - you'd have to try it.

13. Markswift2003

No, sorry, you still need an HDFury device to do this. Have a look at the BenQ manual - that'll tell you whether or not you can setup an HDR mode without an HDR SEI.

Zaudio likes this.
  14. vddan

vddan Active Member

I often hear about Edid at 10,000 nits for LLDV, which seems high to me....
    Doesn't it burn the whites?
    Personally I use a 700 nits so as not to burn the whites!
    What do you think of all this??

15. Markswift2003

Kind of - if the Dolby Block in the EDID is set to 10,000nits, you're telling the source that the display is capable of 10,000nits and therefore absolutely no tone mapping is needed at all.

So instead of rolling off the gamma curve to, say 1000nits, it never rolls off and is a classic ST.2084 PQ curve up to the maximum 10,000nits.

This would be fine if the display could handle it, but no display exists that can do that, so if for instance it was a 1000nit display, anything at all above 1000nits would be white with no gradation.

In the real world this actually isn't really a huge problem because there is generally very little that gets anywhere near 1000nits, nevermind 10,000nits, but it's always best to set the Dolby Block to the correct value.

But what we're talking about above is sending a non-tone mapped signal to an Envy, which will then tone map that signal to match the display rather than VS10 doing it.

Also, theoretically, you could send a 10,000nits non-tone mapped Dolby signal to an HDR10 display and set the HDR SEI max nits to 10,000nits with an HDFury device and the display should deal with it correctly - it would be like playing HDR10 content with MaxCLL at 10,000nits - the display then tone maps.

But you need to understand what does what and also how your display reacts to metadata - some use MaxCLL which is correct and some use MaxMDL which isn't.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
  16. vddan

vddan Active Member

I think I have understood in general terms!
    Thank you for your time !

17. Draylore

Draylore New Member

Would this EDID "trick" be on any benefit with a Z9X and JVCRS1100/NP5 projector? If so how would I go about setting it up? I dont really understand most of this stuff so what setting on the Z9X as well as RS1100 would be helpful. I would like to keep the projector able to automatically switch to HDR. Also would I still continue to use the projectors Frame by Frame DTM?

18. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Check out the 1st post of this thread:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...er-useful-stuff-for-rtd-1619dr-players.82695/
    Specifically at the very bottom of the 1st post where there are links for some handy guides.. one of which is for using LLDV with JVC projectors!

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?attachments/using-zidoo-boxes-for-lldv-on-jvc-projectors-pdf.9473/

19. vddan

vddan Active Member

Let's say that with the new JVC, the FramAdapt in WIDE works very well...........

20. maksi

maksi New Member

Hi Mark, thanks for your help!

First of all, i want the Envy to do all the tonemapping....that's why i bought it :)....i don't want the zidoo to do any tonemapping.

So in other words i have 2 options:
    1. Stick with the integral2, and load your EDID of 10000 nits (on the first page of this thread) and let the Envy do the tonemapping
    But my question is: What do you mean with "(if you set 10000nits, you have to do this in both the EDID and the HDR10 SEI message)" and how do i do this in the Integral2?

2.Buy an vertex2, same EDID as above and in case with
    LLDV : EDID 10000 nits + SEI message on
    Native SDR/HDR/DV: EDID 10000 nits + SEI message off

Question about the Vertex2:
    Is that SEI message a different setting in vertex 2? So you cannot have an EDID with 10000nits with the SEI message in it and manual switch to an EDID without the SEI message in it for the other native SDR/HDR/DV content?

Thx again!
    Greetz Max