EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I assume you have tested and are seeing this on multiple files and not just relying on this happening on only 1 title, correct?

2. nissay

nissay New Member

I have just discovered that it is only the rip created with dvdfab which presents a flickering problem, to verify this I carried out the test with several copies of my films causing the problem and with MAKEMKV I do not encounter any problems, it does not Finally, there is nothing to report. Mark thank you for your feedback which allowed me to highlight this problem, I take the opportunity to ask you which edid should I use with my current configuration for reading Dolby Vison content ?

3. nissay

nissay New Member

To be honest this only concerns a few movies but you’re right I should have maybe investigated longer, I just didn’t make the connection with the quality of the rip and the result on screen, again sorry and thank you all for your answers.

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

With MakeMKV it is a good idea to disable DVDFab Passkey and similar if you have then running in the background as they can cause problems for MakeMKV including flickering. I don't have a projector but years ago when I had a 1080p Samsung it often flickered on some rips. On the MakeMKV forum there were a few posts about this.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

DVDFab is an expensive POS and should never be used :D

6. nissay

nissay New Member

the POS has been uninstalled Lol, the results obtained with makemkv are perfect, now I wonder which EDID is the most suitable with my video projector, I don't understand the nits if someone could guide me a little it would be very friendly.

7. Markswift2003

I would expect the standard 1000nit one to be best - unless you have control over the HDR nits target, ie the HDR gamma curve curve, in the projector then 1000 would be the standard target.

This is the one I use:

BT2020NEW 1000nit LLDV

https://mega.nz/file/9DJmhJBJ#f7gI9neUZB4jBqt31K1TWCC1HmteqwfJeN0YREiBvOE

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

Personally with a JVC NZ7 and in 'Framadapt Auto Wide' I use the 600 nits in LLDV ......... so as not to have the burnt whites!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

If you want to test, I've added a link to a zip file at the bottom of the first post with a full range of 100nit to 10,000nit LLDV EDIDs.

nissay likes this.
  10. julius Heslet

julius Heslet New Member

Hi @Markswift2003 ,

I've read alot of your posts, and i've recently aquired a Vertex 2 and a Ezcoo 2x1 splitter (will return one of them) to enable LLDV on my projector. My setup is as follows:

Zidoo NEO X -> Anthem AVM70 -> Vertex 2 -> Sony VPL-XW7000

I've followed all the tutorials on here and AVS, but still strugling a bit.
    1. Do you have a recommended EDID for my use case?
    2. I recently had it calibrated. Are there any specific values from the calibration i should use to construct;
      1. the DV Data block? (like luminance and the RGB primaires?)
      2. the HDR Metadata (like luminance and MaxCLL and MacFALL?)
    3. My projector can manually be set into HDR mode - do i even need the Vertex device? Maybe just for convenience for HDR auto switching?
    4. I don't need to set custom EDID in the Zidoo right?
    5. Do i set player led or TV led on the ziddo, in the above case?
    Thank you in advance for your big contribution on the forums - eager and hopeful to hear your reply.

11. Markswift2003

1. You can use EDID 10 on the Vertex, but this one is better:

BT2020NEW 1000nit LLDV

https://mega.nz/file/9DJmhJBJ#f7gI9neUZB4jBqt31K1TWCC1HmteqwfJeN0YREiBvOE

2.1 The above EDID sets RGB Primary targets to BT.2020 and Max Luminance to 1000nits
    2.2 HDR metadata should be set as below:

upload_2023-4-18_10-30-2.png

3. Yes and No - you can get away without it if you can set the Sony to HDR manually and match the gamma to the above values, but I thoroughly recommend keeping the Vertex - it's such a powerful diagnostic tool, you'll soon become lost without it. And of course, as you say, you get the automation of HDR modes.

4. No - leave the Zidoo EDID setting alone.

5. Doesn't matter because the EDID only allows Player Led, but I'd set to Player Led for completeness.

julius Heslet likes this.
  12. Tonks

Tonks New Member

Hi @Markswift2003 do you mind telling me what program you use to clean up EDID information with a receiver messes it up? I have a Nakamichi like others in the forum and found it is indeed not passing along the capabilities of my TV. I don’t mind learning how to do it myself as I’m getting a new TV in a couple weeks and don’t want to bother you (or anyone) each time I plug a new display into my receiver. I’m a pretty technical guy but if it’s extremely complex perhaps it’s not worth it

13. Markswift2003

I mostly use Deltacast E-EDID Editor:

https://www.deltacast.tv/products/free-software/e-edid-editor

And EEditGold is good for making reports:

https://ez.analog.com/video/w/documents/750/advantiv-edid-editor

Deltacast will open .bin files directly, with EEDit you have to use the import binary function.

14. Benpro01

Benpro01 New Member

hi @Markswift2003, im a proud new owner of a z9x and ive noticed that according to the zidoo all my DV content outputs at 12bit 4:2:2 but my receiver only displays 8bit 4:2:2. Im not very experienced with this but my first thought is the receiver is downsampling to 8bit. My tv is a Sony x900f and its a 10bit panel, so is it possible to edit my edid to max 10bit?

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  15. Benpro01

Benpro01 New Member

@Markswift2003 actually nevermind, i found another post of yours on AV forums explaing the receiver (pioneer lx503) is miss calculating the DV signal. Cheers, Ben

16. robl45

robl45 Member

I just upgraded my hdmi over Ethernet controller to one that passes 4k. Now I’m getting 1920x2055 instead of 1920x1080 and none of my 3d files work. Is there a custom Edid to force 1920x1080 to my projector for 3d?

17. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Hi
    I got OLED sony A84J support DV and HDR 10 when i set color range to 0-255 picture is not tearing but too dark and too saturated . When i choose 16-235 is not too dark but greyish looks so bad and picture sharpness is like tearing.
    i tried to make EDID but zidoo does not seem to accept that profile. I feel frustrated and do not know what to do get natural color / right colors out of it.

18. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Sure sounds to me like that "upgrade" is not working correctly... and needs to be fixed first. You are not getting a proper HDMI handshake to your Zidoo that shows what your display capabilities are. I suppose you could save your current EDID and post it on here as a xxx.txt file for @Markswift2003 to take a look at. What is your display? and your signal chain?

19. robl45

robl45 Member

Don’t know how to save the edid. The display is viewsonic. 7835. The receiver is onkyo txnr646. I took that out of the chain and same issue. With the old adapter that doesn’t go above 1080. No issues

20. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

OK, well.. not for nothing.. but it sure seems like you have already pinpointed the problem. Obviously, your current old display doesn't work well with your new HDMI adapter.