EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

@Markswift2003 Hi Mark, any chance I could ask a favour please? Could you strip out the DV compatability info from my EDID please? Just the DV stuff out.

Cheers bud.

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There you go - don't forget to rename back to .bin

Attached Files:

Oldpainless likes this.
  3. Oldpainless

@Markswift2003 Thanks Mark, much appraciated.

UPDATE = prefect! Thanks again.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
  4. Markswift2003

Curious - why do you want to do that?

5. Oldpainless

Ok, I thought you might ask. Whilst my Amp can "do" DV, there's something screwy going on (I've seen it before when years ago they retro added HDR with an FW upgrade to my amp back then, even though the HDMI port was 1.4).

If I use the 400MHz or 600MHz edid's, and use the VS10 engine for both HDR and DV, HDR is much duller/flater than normall passthrough without a custom edid.

So, I wanted to check that If I took my own edid, but removed the DV stuff, what difference that would make. Sure enough (for whatever reason, screwy or not), the difference with my own edidted EDID was night and day - I have freinds over at the moment, and they were like Fxxxk Me.....was just the iceing on the cake!

Thanks again.

6. Markswift2003

DV was designed to use HDMI1.4 (at least it was for 23~30fps) which is why it uses 8-bit RGB HDMI tunneling in TV Led and 12-bit 4:2:2 in LLDV, both of which are 297MHz; 3MHz below the HDMI1.4 limit.

The amp can't "do" anything to a DV signal so my guess is the screwiness is down to the TV, but hell, DV is just HDR10 with bells on, so if HDR10 looks better, definitely use that!

Oldpainless likes this.
  7. Oldpainless

Yeah, understood re DV and 1.4, but HDR BT2020 "should" need 2.0+. Like I said, I've been here before with Yamaha amps. Anyways, my edid minus DV info works a charm now using VS10 for HDR and DV, so one happy camper.

Thanks again.

8. ustas

ustas New Member

Markswift2003,

Thank you very much for the great job! And please sorry for my not native English.

My target is to use LLDV playback. Especially for DV. My system includes Zidoo Z9X > Denon AVR X1300H > projector Epson EH-TW7100 (EU version of Epson HC 3800). Zidoo has the latest firmware and “Recommended Settings». CEC is activated and works fine.

I was trying to check several your custom EDID including 300MHz 1000nit LLDV. I did not compare the picture quality, just checked the technical possibility. MKV files with SD, HDR10 and DV (profile 7 STDL) were used for test. The projector has been manually switched into its standard HDR10 mode.

In case of mkv with DV Zidoo displays DV logo (left corner of screen) and on-screen information "output signal: YUV 4:2:2 12bit DV". It also looks like correct. But projector’s its own information displays “Dynamic Range: HDR10 / Signal status: SDR” and “Color Format: BT.2020 SDR”. My question: is it correct? I assume that there is something wrong with "SDR" and both “Color format” and “Signal status” should be “HDR10”. When I use VS10 for DV (without custom EDID) “Color format” and “Signal status” is HDR10 always.

Could you please check this Epson model's EDID? Both EDID (single projector and projector + AVR) attached to my message. Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

9. Markswift2003

Yes, that's correct.

The projector does not know about DV and because the signal is not HDR10, it thinks it's SDR. That's why you need to switch the projector into HDR mode manually.

The EDIDs look fine, and because the Epson is HDMI2, you don't need to use a 300MHz EDID, you can use the full 600MHz one.

Sometimes the cable length between the amp and projector can mean that the cable will not transmit 600MHz so in that case a 400MHz EDID is useful, but you'll have to test whether you need that or not. But a 300MHz EDID should not be necessary.

Try this one - it's your Epson + Denon EDID with 1000nit LLDV added:

https://mega.nz/file/QOpHlTpa#iv62Kc-IfR9KDXFnKwSSW-3kTEMACMbwbtDTylCFsaQ

ustas likes this.
  10. ustas

ustas New Member

Markswift2003

Thank you for the clarification and EDID! Just checked. It works fine!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Reymond Yann

Reymond Yann New Member

Good morning

Would it be possible to have an EDID SDR for the use of the following equipment,
    Sony xw5000es video projector,
    Marantz SR7013 amplifier
    Zidoo Z10PRO

Why SDR?
    Because I find that the Sony HDR is really very very dark, on the other hand in SDR it's superb except for the colorimetry which is not great.

Thanks for your help.

12. Markswift2003

There's one on the first page.

SDR Rec.709

https://mega.nz/file/dX4wgKAb#523dTeN-tmgPg99aF2uBND89boy_P6VBfnQOH4SMEPw

13. little-endian

little-endian New Member

Markswift2003, which profile would you recommend in order to have an optimized output for an old but still very decent SDR TV like the Pioneer PDP-5090H? This TV supports HDMI 1.3 and takes YCbCr/RGB with up to 12 bit per channel, 1080p60(/1.001) at maximum.

Going through the Denon AVR-4306, it looks like it's rather limited to 1080p60(/1.001) at 8 bit per channel as the Pioneer never displays "36 bit" on the OSD, no matter what I select on the Z9X but does so depending on the setting when connected directly.

Not that the bit-depth thing would matter if goven proper dither anyway, but that is a topic on its own I am afraid (with video unfortunately way less taken into account compared to audio).

Unfortunately, I don't find any decent info about the maximum brightness of that plasma TV but allegedly it exceeds at least the famous 100 nits for SDR and might peak to 200 or so, even if not for full screen but parts which should suffice in movies.

If you require any further EDID info from the AVR or TV to check, I am happy to provide it, given that I can use the Z9X for that.

14. Markswift2003

There's nothing you need to do with the EDID for this, it's just a case of chosing which VS10 mode you want to use - whether you want to apply VS10 to SDR as well as HDR/DV.

You want VS10 to be used for all HDR and DV content because it's much better than the standard Realtek engine.

So don't use "Auto" but try "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (For all Content)" or "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (For HDR, DV content)" and see which you prefer for SDR.

15. little-endian

little-endian New Member

Thanks a lot! I definitely prefer the VS10 result, however had the hope that it could be further improved, the reason being mostly this:

avsforum.com/threads/zidoo-z9x-rtd1619-thread.3140924/page-278#post-62473486

Thinking of madVR, also the VS10 probably has some "nit target", doesn't it? So besides the black crush issue on some movies I wonder whether the SDR conversion could be tuned a little for the better SDR TVs, achieving maybe around 200 nits at least.

16. Markswift2003

VS10 is a black box with parameters defined by Dolby. So it is what it is, but on the whole it's pretty good. Where it excels is with Dolby Vision output - even with a standard HDR10 display, if you use the LLDV trick, the results are excellent.

little-endian likes this.
  17. nissay

nissay New Member

hello everyone I'm currently using an ESPON tw7100/HC3800 with my zidoo z9x, testing the lldv spoof it seems to work, but on some bright scenes there is like a color flicker, it's not regular but happens on some scenes the projector is manually set to HDR and color space to BT2020. do you know where the problem could come from?

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  18. Markswift2003

It might be a mismatch with the target max nits in the Dolby Block and the what the Epson is expecting for HDR10 (usually defined by MaxCLL).

If you're using the EDID included with the Zidoo, that's 1000nits which is normal for both LLDV and HDR10, but you could try a 400nit one like this for example and see if it makes a difference - even if it makes it worse, it'll tell us something:

BT.2020 400nit LLDV

https://mega.nz/file/NHQ3XI5C#ja_U1rC4P9B18jQh0Mw95gIewyuc3AaIZE2J1lt1uWI

19. nissay

nissay New Member

hi Mark thank you for helping me and being so responsive.

I just tested with the edid of 400 nits, it's exactly the same unfortunately, I have the impression that it didn't change anything, I made sure to put the Hdr Dolby Vision low latency mode, but yet still this flicker problem.
    Do you see another setting that could be causing the problem?

20. Markswift2003

Ok - as a test, try the 4000nit LLDV EDID:

BT.2020 4,000nit LLDV

https://mega.nz/file/NXZhgCab#7NN-L_6BElfET6dSprysg0T_Rug3vOM8_aqI85xkbZ8