EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. PascalSW

PascalSW New Member

Thanks Mark for your update. It's really appreciable to have your expertise !
    It's fully working with my Sony playing from my Z9X. LLDV is used when playing DV movies and HDR10 movies are playing with VS10. (I prefer movies in DV with LLDV as it delivers a better image than HDR10 converted in VS10).

I've tested the 1000nits EDID, but I am using a 450nits EDID, so I can get more details in high luminance with a higher contrast in the Sony settings, which deliver more punch to the image. If I use the 1000nits EDID, I have to reduce the contrast parameters in Sony to keep details in high luminance, but the image become a little more washed.

2. daigoro

daigoro New Member

hi
    i also tried your new 1000 nits EDID (sony vw790). it's fine if i use 43 in cr (before 66 with 300 nits edid ).
    i don't sure , the sony use dtm under 50 cr

3. vddan

vddan Active Member

Personally, it's been 3/4 days that I am with the 'new1000nits' and always delighted, although I look at the image is superbly balanced both in blacks and in high lights .......... Happiness !!

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

So I assume you are able to manually select HDR mode in the Sony? Or do you use an HDFury to send an HDR message?

5. PascalSW

PascalSW New Member

Yes I must switch manually in HDR mode, but it's easy (I just set up a profile in the Sony)
    Perhaps one day, the Zidoo will make it automatically.

vddan and Markswift2003 like this.
  6. PascalSW

PascalSW New Member

@Markswift2003 I am actually using your EDID BT.2020 400nit LLDV. I would like to make a test with the same EDID with a Min Lum DV of 0.005 (I think yours has this value at 0.0 ?).
    Can you let me know if I can change this value using Deltacast E-Edid Editor or can you provide your EDID with this change for me ?
    Thank you for help :)

7. Markswift2003

Change byte 5 of the Dolby VSDB in the CTA Extension from 03 to 1B:

upload_2022-9-29_9-27-43.png

8. PascalSW

PascalSW New Member

Thanks for your help

9. AlecT

AlecT New Member

Hello. I have LG CX TV and i prefer watching hdr10 instead of dv on it. I use custom edid BT.2020 HDR10 on my Z9X. The question is - does this custom edid effects somehow on native hdr10 playback? Does it allow to translate max cll/ max fall metadata from zidoo to tv? Or any changes in color?

10. Markswift2003

No, doesn't affect it at all - It doesn't change anything - it just tells the source (zidoo) that the sink (TV) supports HDR10 (but not Dolby Vision).

11. AlecT

AlecT New Member

Wow, how operative! Thanks a lot!

12. Markswift2003

Not quite sure what you mean, but thanks :)

13. AlecT

AlecT New Member

My english is not very good) I meant it was a very quick response from you.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Oui tu opere (comprendre éfficace) mon cher Mark :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Merci à vous deux

16. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

I have been using the settings included in Mark's .PDF for JVC projectors along with the custom gamma linked to therein...

Those instructions call for us to select OPTION 1 built into the ZIDOO for a custom EDID.

Am I correct in assuming that this "new 1000nit LLDV" EDID can be tried using the UPLOAD EDID function on the same settings page? Is it just a matter of pointing to where the file is downloaded on my server? Are there any other settings to adjust? Is there a newer custom gamma curve that should be applied?

Most importantly, am I correct in assuming that I can simply switch the EDID back to option 1, or do uploaded EDIDs take the built in slots(?) on the player?

17. Markswift2003

Yes, you can just load the new EDID and use that with the same custom gamma.

The only difference is that the colour primaries are slightly/probably/maybe more accurate but I seriously doubt you'll see any difference at all. That EDID was just me fiddling about with the numbers.

And yes, you can just go back to option 1 and even delete the newly loaded EDID if you want to (press <menu> to do that).

crutzulee likes this.
  18. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

Thanks so much for your quick replies and constant help!

I believe our setups are similar - JVC projector (X570R) fed from a DENON (4500) attached to the ZIDOO. Are you using this new EDID or are you still experimenting with VS10 to SDR?

19. Markswift2003

I've been using LLDV for the last couple of years, but I'm trying out VS10 SDR at the moment - and it looks great. Honestly couldn't say which is better.

I load an SDR EDID and run the projector in standard Rec.709.

One thing I will say is that when you first load an SDR EDID and set VS10 for all content, the colours are off - it all looks a bit dark and subdued and I'm not sure why.

I'm using an HDFury Vertex 2 to load the EDIDs and in that case, if I restart the Zidoo the colours return to normal.

but if I load an EDID into the Zidoo (which theoretically should be exactly the same!), restarting does not fix the colours but with a bit of fiddling it can be done - I'm just trying to figure out exactly what's going on in that case and the exact procedure to get the colours correct.

But yeah, once the colours are correct, it sticks and the image looks great!

crutzulee likes this.
  20. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Interesting...curious about this "with a bit of fiddling" statement! lol... So currently I have been using a custom SDR EDID because literally on my Epson projector IMO, its SDR performance is superb, but its HDR performance needs a good amount of tweaking to get right. So using VS10 for all content works fantastic for me.. including the option for me to only set a Zidoo picture parameter just for HDR converted content where I give a slight boost to the Contrast and leave SDR content as is. So, I just updated to the latest beta 6.4.36, and uploaded your SDR EDID and made sure all my settings were still set for VS10 for all content and such. Then I rebooted the Zidoo and checked a couple 4K HDR titles and also a couple standard 1080p SDR titles and all looks great. To my untrained eye, everything looks pretty awesome... no fiddling needed as far as i can tell!