EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The best thing to do is select "Dolby Vision Low Latency..." in HDR settings then everything is output in Dolby Vision - the VS10 engine does a far better job converting SDR to LLDV than the Realtek engine does converting SDR to HDR10.

serg fedorov and pcristi like this.
  2. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Big thanks for all the information. Okay, I'll try that EDID out and see how it works for me.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. monacoville

monacoville New Member

I reset the box and downloaded the other link and it works a treat. Thanks for that matey.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. snake382

snake382 New Member

Hello everyone,
    I am currently having a problem with my zidoo z9x and my TCL TV on HDR10+

Indeed the HDR10+ only works when I choose a frame rate of 60fps below it switches to HDR10 automatically and does not stay in HDR10+.

What do you need to solve this problem? This my EDID :

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  5. Markswift2003

Not a clue other than an issue with the TV - HDR10+ is just a switch in the EDID - either the EDID says the display supports HDR10+ or not and in your EDID, it says it supports HDR10+.

Since that switch is there, if the Zidoo sees an HDR10+ file it will always play that file in HDR10+ if the HDR settings are correct and if the file is not Dolby Vision with an HDR10+ base layer (Dolby Vision takes precedence if VS10 is active).

Unlike Dolby Vision there are no bandwidth considerations between HDR10 and HDR10+ playback so framerate is irrelevant to HDR10+.

6. snake382

snake382 New Member

It's very strange because with another uhd player all my hdr10+ are play in 23.976fps, it's not necessary to play at 60fps... with my zidoo hdr10+ only play at 60fps....

7. Markswift2003

All I can tell you is it's not the Z9X, or at least it's not the Z9X if it's performing within spec.

I just loaded your EDID which makes my Z9X perform exactly the same as yours under all circumstances - I set HDR and resolution to Auto and played a 23.976 HDR10+ sample and of course as expected it played in HDR10+ at 23.976 fps.

If you're sure it's not your files then the only thing I can suggest is a factory reset.

8. snake382

snake382 New Member

I just factory reset my TV and Zidoo player but I have the same thing happening. On the other hand, I see that the Zidoo player displays HDR10+ well, whether in 23.976 or 60fps.

So I think my TV is just not displaying the correct HDR.. How can I be sure that my TV is not converting zidoo's HDR10+ to simple HDR10?

9. Markswift2003

If the Zidoo shows HDR10+ in the info screen then it's putting out HDR10+, so the TV is receiving a HDR10+ signal.

If the TV is showing HDR10 in its info screen and not HDR10+ then it's not a case of "converting" because HDR10+ and HDR10 are exactly the same video signal - it means that for some reason the TV is just ignoring the HDR10+ dynamic metadata and just defaulting to the HDR10 static metadata.

ursiel likes this.
  10. vddan

vddan Active Member

Hi Mark,
    I have just ordered the JVC DILA NZ7 (RS2100) and I already have the SAMSUNG 8K 82Q950R on TV.
    Both accept HDR 10+ but not Dolby Vision!
    So with the Zidoo how do I adjust to get the best image quality!!
    Thanking you in advance.

Teacher likes this.
  11. snake382

snake382 New Member

Ok at the same time I don't see much difference between hdr10+ and hdr10... is it really better in hdr10+?

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I tend to keep my settings on the Zidoo to output VS10 (via my Vertex2) - the quality of the PQ is quite superb. The question ought to be though what's the difference between DV and HDR10+, but let's not go there lol. The difference between HDR10 and HDR10+ is light and day if everything is set up properly. The issue is however that there are not many titles these days being released in HDR10+, as far as I can tell.

Consider a Vertex2 - that TV deserves one, although I feel sure @Markswift2003 will fix you up with a custom EDID for your Zidoo. Our TVs are quite superb aren't they?

13. vddan

vddan Active Member

Thank you Rose ............ I will see with Mark!
    Yes for the TV not bad at all thanks to the upscale in 8K.........;)

rozel likes this.
  14. snake382

snake382 New Member

so I can in this case ask the zidoo to convert all sdr + hdr10 + hdr10+ content with the vs10? surely it will be better, right?

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes - not sure if HDR10+ w be better though

16. snake382

snake382 New Member

besides, do you know how to reclassify several films from the children's category to the adult category?

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

18. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I loaded the "BT.2020 HDR10" EDID and tried a UHD that contains both DV and HDR, and it output DV. When I look at the specs on the EDID menu page, it says this EDID supports DV:Yes.

I thought this EDID wasn't supposed to support DV, for those who have a DV set and want to restrict the player to HDR output only?

I set HDR output to "VS10 for DV/HDR" when testing the file, assuming it would use VS10 and output HDR, but it seems the EDID supports DV, so it outputs DV.

Also, unfortunately, that EDID doesn't support any of the US framerates:

3840x2160P 59Hz
    3840x2160P 29Hz
    1080P 59Hz
    1080I 59Hz
    720P 59Hz

It does enable all 25/50Hz options which is great, but I'd love it to support the US framerates too.

When playing DVDs with NTSC framerate (29.970) the 59Hz or 29Hz options are useful to keep the framerate correct.

Is there any chance on getting a custom EDID put together for this purpose, with all available framerates shown when "Ignoring HDMI EDID (List all TV systems)" is enabled, while also disabling DV output?

19. Markswift2003

Not sure what you did wrong (I assume you didn't reset HDR mode after changing the EDID) but that EDID does not support DV and fully supports 29.97 & 59.94Hz (including VIC 97, VIC 95, VIC 16, VIC 5 and VIC 3 as you quote above).

upload_2022-1-20_22-33-6.png

upload_2022-1-20_22-37-19.png

Attached Files:

ursiel likes this.
  20. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Interesting. I'll try again, but how do I reset HDR? I uploaded the EDID from the USB stick, and it showed in the list, then I enabled custom EDID and selected that EDID. It looks just like your screenshot, except it doesn't show those NTSC resolutions in the display settings and DV says "Yes".