EDID limiting audio formats

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Dev, Nov 5, 2022.

1. Dev

Dev New Member

I am using HDMI splitter in between as my dumb LG CX does not support DTS:X. All cables are 2.1 certified.
    When devices are connected, Zidoo Z9X won't recognise my LG CX as DV HDR Display and output in standard definition only. When I enable EDID and set default profile BT2020 (first option in menu) it immediately enables DV and HDR but at the same time audio formats are restricted! Like maximum 48Khz, EAC3 Mac 48Khz.
    Am I missing anything here? Can someone recomend me better EDID profile to work with?

Thanks

2. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

What's the other device hooked to the splitter? Only the common denominators will be sent in the EDID from the splitter. E.g., LG CX and a receiver that supports DTS:X but does not support DV --> the EDID will not have DTS or DV.

3. Dev

Dev New Member

Connection
    Zidoo Z9x HDMI Out > Generic HDMI Splitter > Audio Out to Yamaha YSp5600 Soundbar, And TV Out to LG CX.
    In above connection, Zidooo not outputting DV and HDR only standard, And when I go to EDID and enable it I see DV and HDR available., But at the same time I noticed Audio Formats from Audio Setting Sampling rates have been reduced to few. I tried other options in EDID profile such as samsung and sony which even limts audio sampling rate to 2 or 3, that's all.
    That's why I am looking for incase any EDID profile may help?
    Direct connecting with soundbar also does not work as soundbar is old lack DV and HDR passthrough.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you post two EDIDs here:

1. With Zidoo connected directly to TV

2. With Zidoo connected directly to soundbar

Then I can take the audio info from the soundbar and add it to the TV EDID.

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to post on forum

5. Dev

Dev New Member

I just attached two txt files,
    When I connected directly to My Yamaha YSP5600 soundbar which is non DV/HDR did not output display ,I had to disable deep colour/maxCell etc in order to get the display work and then I was able to save the file.
    Thanks a ton for your help :)

Attached Files:

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok, try this:

https://mega.nz/file/pL4wEZyJ#2FuVabPj8LonuGiAvoFW8YA5Mys1haq5-l2p7OSkQgw

This is the LG CX EDID with all the audio modes from the soundbar added.