DVDs in the Zidoo world

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Carlton Kid, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Carlton Kid

Carlton Kid New Member

Simple question, just how do you get the Zidoo scraper to recognise an ISO is a DVD "AND NOT" a BD disc as the minute an ISO is detected Zidoo just flag it as a BD. I have tried adding .DVD to the folder title and dvd title but still it shows as BD. Also tried removing the .ISO at the end of the file name but that doesn't work either. The instructions given at https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/guide-zidoo-home-theater-media-labels/ don't work either for DVDs which state a DVD as to be extracted but you just end up with loads of files that just show as unmatched on the poster wall so that is useless. As for actual matching I have virtually given up and started using TMM for matching. I never thought moving from PLEX would be so hard (move from PLEX due to no ISO support)

2. NoahFecks

NoahFecks New Member

That page you linked to clearly states that ISO files will always be labeled as BD. For DVDs to be labeled properly, simply create a folder with the movie name and extract the 2 folders (AUDIO_TS an VIDEO_TS) as shown to that folder, and the DVD label will show.

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I have to label the folder (only) for example Emma DVD

4. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but is there a good software that'll convert DVD folder to ISO file?

5. NoahFecks

NoahFecks New Member

I use ImgBurn. It's an old program but it's free and still works fine. Again though, if you're creating ISOs for HT, they'll automatically be labeled as BD, not DVD.

B0RN likes this.
  6. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Thanks! I can get ImgBurn and try it.
    And yeah I don't much care what it labels it as, I know what the format is just by looking at at the quality lol

7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

ImgBurn worked like a charm, the DVDs live! Thanks again.