DVD ISO always have subtitles on

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Gatecrasher, May 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher New Member

Forced subtitles are always on, can't turn them off. That would be ok except it's not the actual forced subtitles but the normal optional subtitles

In other words every dvd ISO plays with subtitles and I can't turn them off

Running latest OTA version

2. Kalamoony

Kalamoony Member

I had the same problem, I hope they solve it in coming fw

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It seems the DVD-code is some piece of (semi) public programming. I see the same implementation with all Android based media players. It is functional but far from perfect. I don't think it is felt as a priority (or difficult to edit)?

Added it here to problem#2:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...problems-fw-v6-3-2-no-feature-requests.84836/
    It remains the same since 2 generations of Zidoo players so expecting a fix with the next FW is extremely optimistic.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  4. Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher New Member

It's a pain in the backside. None of my Dune players do it going back 7 or 8 years.

If all Android players show subtitles ALL the time when playing DVD it's about time it was fixed.

My 4K Dune doesn't do it, but I put that in another room when I bought the Zidoo. I have to use an old Dune HD1 when I watch DVD, ridiculous.

I'd never have bought it had I known. The Dune may be extra money, but there's a reason.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  5. Nice Monkey

I don't think the Android based Dune players handle DVD correctly?

6. Gatecrasher

Gatecrasher New Member

Yes, the Dune 4K player, previous generation to this, plays DVD just fine. Normal subtitles are NOT picked up as forced subtitles

7. Nice Monkey

I was thinking about DVD Menu processing mainly. But admit it that is off topic.

8. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

A painful work around for those interested is to edit every DVD ISO you have to either extract the subtitle you want and OCR it to SRT or use PGcEdit to change the way the DVD works. You can suppress all subtitles whilst leaving them within the file structure. It is a bit of a learning curve but you can do all sorts of things with this program
    https://download.videohelp.com/r0lZ/pgcedit/

For me I gave up on DVD and Blu Ray disc structures years ago and simply make a MKV file of the main movie. Ultimately I'm interested in content rather than format. If I like the content I'll watch it if it was recorded on a piece of string ;)